Polish Iron V05 grips, road testing

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Polish Iron V05 grips, road testing

Post by Ketchman »

Buy an extractor and associated spring /pin, firing pin, replace the hammer spring and recoil spring and maybe a trigger pin and return springs would be my reccomendation, but not because I have had any of those parts break, but from my memory those come to mind as what others here seem to have break, and not often. And welcome to the fold and yes, the Brotherhood here is pretty awesome, I am proud to be part of it.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

AND if you see a P-64 Safety come up for any price that you are will to pay, buy it up immediately. The Safety is a part that is in scarce supply and high demand, it can not be substituted out. I think the normal going rate when I see them is $35 +/-.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 a spare safety is like the one ring if you can find one.

I was fortunate to run across one on another board some years back and jumped on it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
FOF11

Post by FOF11 »

If anyone is looking for a parts gun, Century Arms has training P64s (window cut into the barrel I believe) on their site starting at $129. Not safe for firing.
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

FOF11 wrote: March 21st, 2018, 3:29 pm If anyone is looking for a parts gun, Century Arms has training P64s (window cut into the barrel I believe) on their site starting at $129. Not safe for firing.
I certainly am. Thanks for the heads up. However, I cannot order direct from them - tells me to find a dealer.
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
FOF11

Post by FOF11 »

Cyndicalist wrote: March 21st, 2018, 10:57 pm
FOF11 wrote: March 21st, 2018, 3:29 pm If anyone is looking for a parts gun, Century Arms has training P64s (window cut into the barrel I believe) on their site starting at $129. Not safe for firing.
I certainly am. Thanks for the heads up. However, I cannot order direct from them - tells me to find a dealer.
If you have an FFL03 you can buy direct. Otherwise maybe you can contact them to help facilitate a purchase through someone else? Not sure exactly but best of luck regardless.
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

FOF11 wrote: March 22nd, 2018, 8:06 pm
Cyndicalist wrote: March 21st, 2018, 10:57 pm
If you have an FFL03 you can buy direct. Otherwise maybe you can contact them to help facilitate a purchase through someone else? Not sure exactly but best of luck regardless.

Thanks so much. I am waiting on my 03, sadly! Hopefully in a few months. But I AM in California, so the rules might be more restrictive on handguns, even decommissioned ones.
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

I am also open to throwing in for someone who can easily buy one, and then buying a few parts, I'm sure we could figure out the split in a fair way to split it up among one or two people before buying. Just a thought.
jb1911

Post by jb1911 »

Netspec wrote: August 21st, 2017, 10:11 am Ketchman,

Is there a brand of CC belt you'd recommend?
Hank's Belts.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Nice prices too. Cool.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
45collector

Post by 45collector »

Has anyone had any issues with these grips interfering with the trigger bar? When I brought mine to the range and test fired the gun with the new grips on it, I had to relax my grip after each round fired or the trigger would not reset. I found that it was due to the material inside the right side of the Polish Iron grip rubbing against the trigger bar. Anyone else have this issue? The grip feels great in the hand and while firing, but it's kind of annoying having to relax my grip on the gun after each round.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Mine developed this issue on the last range outing. To correct the problem, I removed the grip and placed a small dab of grease on the trigger bar and reinstalled the grip. I think the problem can be caused is the grip is not installed perfectly.
In any event, I ran some snap caps thru it and the trigger resets every time now.
45collector

Post by 45collector »

GuitarmanNick wrote: October 19th, 2018, 2:58 pm Mine developed this issue on the last range outing. To correct the problem, I removed the grip and placed a small dab of grease on the trigger bar and reinstalled the grip. I think the problem can be caused is the grip is not installed perfectly.
In any event, I ran some snap caps thru it and the trigger resets every time now.
I was thinking of removing the grip and removing some of the rubber on that inner area that rubs against the trigger bar. But grease is a goo idea too. I may try that. I actually have the grip for sale right now LOL. But I may keep it if I can get it to fire without that sticky reset.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I would keep the grips. They make a big difference to me and the gun just feels better with them on.

As I said, I have had the issue in the past and it was just a matter of pulling them off and installing them correctly. Sometimes, they look right, but they do not work right. Reinstalling fixes it. The grease on the trigger bar should be of a type that will not damage the rubber. I use Tetra Gun Grease. The grease is just a little insurance policy.

I thought about removing a little material from the inside but reasoned that it may make the problem worse by allowing more flex of the grip as I tighten my grip on the gun.