I had a feeling this was going to happen!

Info, pictures, advice...
Poppy42

I had a feeling this was going to happen!

Post by Poppy42 »

I had a feeling this would happen. Last week I bought my first p64. As I posted earlier, I got a great deal on my gun (I paid $150.00 out the door). I like every thing about this gun ( it doesn't hurt that I am also Polish) and I am going to order some Polish Iron grips this week end. Well I walked into a LGS that is known to have a large inventory of surplus items to pick up some 9x18 ammo to feed my p64 and what do I see in the counter but a Bulgarian Makorov. I could here This beautiful gun calling my name, begging me to take it home. So I did! I still have toô clean all the cosmoline so I won't get to shoot it till Monday. Can't waited! Know I will go on a hunting expoditionb for an p83. Can anyone say addition?
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation
BeoBill

Re: I had a feeling this was going to happen!

Post by BeoBill »

Lucky you found a local source for 9x18 ammo, right? Congrats!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Pa63, SMC918 and CZ82 need to be added also :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Well I spent the day de-gooing my Makarov. Now it's all clean & shiny and ready to make its trip to the range Monday. I can't wait! I only picked up 600 rounds of 9x18 ( all they had). Anybody think I should get more?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

You can never have enough of the calibers you shoot so yes get more.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Do not feel bad. I did the same thing. Bought the P-64, and while doing the 4473, changed my mind and bought the Bulgarian Mak as well
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Well I made it to the range with my p64 and my Bulgarian Mak. Both are excellent shooters. I do however have an issue with the P64. If you read my op you know that I bought it at a pawn shop so I know that someone owned it prior to me as it was cleaned ( no cosmoline on it). I have heard all the stories about the trigger pull being extremely heavy. In the warmer months I carry a Kel-Tek PF9 so I am accustomed to long heavy double action triggers. The Bulgarian mak is fine right out of the box so to speak, a little long but nothing that I find unbearable. The P64 on the other hand is something different. Double action is ridiculous. Single action however, is so light that its scary. It can't be more than 1.5 or 2 lbs at the most. It is so light that I have already had a second round discharge as a result of the recoil. It would not bother me if I was match shooting a 1911 in competition but I certainly would not concealed carry a weapon with such a light trigger. I am also a little concerned that double action is still so long and hard. I fear that the previous owner did a bad trigger job. I plan on ordering new springs from wolf tomorrow but I am unsure as to what weight to order and would appreciate some advice( remember my Bulgarian Mak is fine and I have no intention of changing those springs). I am not sure if anyone will follow up on this topic so I am also going to start a new thread so I apologize for the double post in advance. Any help/suggestions on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ray
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Tat is the way they are. I EDC mine, but with practice you will not have a problem
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I'm thinking the hammer spring has already been changed that's why you have a "hair trigger" in SA. The more you lighten the DA pull the lighter the SA is gonna get seems to be the outcome of the spring changes
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

I have a feeling that is the what has happened. I haven't decided if I am going to put heavier springs back in