What spare parts are good to have?

Info, pictures, advice...
Templar

What spare parts are good to have?

Post by Templar »

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I would like to make a first aid kit for my p-64 what parts should I try to buy
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: What spare parts are good to have?

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

IMO one of the parts that would be good to have but is hard to find is the decocker/safety lever.

Next would be the trigger guard.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

The de-cocker is a GREAT idea - but kinda like unicorn milk! I'd say about the hardest part to find so hope you never need one. I would add (because these are some of what I have) are 1-2 springs to operate the slide lock-lever. Not hard to find along with a new trigger spring because member NORM SUTTON makes 'em. Spares are good because they're inexpensive and tend to get lost if they "launch" on you during disassembly. Detent spring and detent for same reason (cheap and good to have on hand for convenience) if you remove the decocker and get another "launch". Some different weight Wollf springs just to have in case you want to play with that ... but that's just me.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
adrank888

Post by adrank888 »

thank you

Gclub
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Pretty much look at this parts list: http://p64resource.com/board/P64_Parts_List.pdf

Any one of those little springs and/or detents that you could loose flying across the room. Also the firing pin is good to have extra of, as well as the disconnector. Also if you think you might want to bob the hammer, get a replacement hammer before you do it.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Springs and firing pin for sure
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I am leaning towards a New York reload scenario.
Just have 2, or 3 spare P-64's.
They are cheap enough
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Coldsteel

Post by Coldsteel »

chestertnted wrote:I am leaning towards a New York reload scenario.
Just have 2, or 3 spare P-64's.
They are cheap enough
+ 1 on New York Reloads.They wereally on sale at Cabell in vg condition with 2 mags for $249!
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Great concealed carry. Slim, trim, and slick!

TED