Why "The Unofficial" P-64 Resource?

Info, pictures, advice...
vermonter

Post by vermonter »

Why is this called "The Unofficial" P-64 Resource Message board. Do you need permission from the guys at the Radom Plant to make it "Official"? Why not just The "P-64 Resource Message Board". Unofficial makes it sound 2nd rate. When I firstcame across it I was wondering where the "official" board was! Kind of like the "Official" Britney Spears webpage. Just a thought, nothing more intended.... ;D
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Good question. Let's make it the Official Britney Spears webpage!
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

When I firstcame across it I was wondering where the official board was!
Unofficially, this is it... 8-)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Well, I guess no one else know either, so I will take a shot at this question.

Since this Forum is not associated with any other organization that deals with the P-64, like the current factory that produced the pistol, we are not "official", or factory authorized.

That is my best guess????
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

abwehr,

Good answer, and we can all help to obtain a dedicated domain for "The Unofficial P-64 Rescourse" by making a donation to Project 107.
As I have been extremely busy lately, I wanted to make sure that I found the post on here regarding donations to answer any questions and to say thank you. Project107 is my web design/development company. You ARE donating to the right name. I'd like to thank all of you who visit this board frequently and contribute to this quaint little community. This board has become completely self sufficient and it's because we have wonderful members such as yourself. I appreciate every bit of effort you all have put into this site - it's as much yours as it is mine.

Currently, the site resides at an ISP domain (mine). This is where the insightbb.com extension comes into play. At the time I revamped the old site, I had so much going on and so many other projects, I simply couldn't afford to fork over any $ for a domain name - especially when it's success was still to be seen. The site will still live at this domain (http://p64.home.insightbb.com) but will also live at it's new domain (TBA). The new domain will give us the flexibility to initiate several upgrades and won't be dependent on my personal ISP (Insight upgraded their equipment a number of months ago, and they almost lost the site and all the files. It was down for close to 3 weeks). Keep in mind that this board is hosted for free by proboards, so the board won't be going anywhere. The new site can handle much more traffic and the bandwidth will have such a high limit, that it won't be an issue. I do encourage all of you who sell P-64 related goods to take some good photos and name your price, so you can sell your merchandise off the site. At this point, only NORM has taken advantage of this with his springs.

So, I apologize for being so long-winded, but I wanted to make sure that you all know and understand the intentions I have with your generous donations. Think of it as stock. You all own this site - as long as you still come here and learn, teach, and enjoy yourself, our growth will continue on an exponential basis.

If at any point there is anything I can do for any of you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Respectfully,
Chris "dickfunk" Dickow

To make a donation go to: http://p64.home.insightbb.com/main.htm and scroll down to the bottom left hand corner for more information. Any and all donations will be appreciated to help secure a "Dedicated Domain!

Thanks,

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Quite honestly, when this was first started, there wasn't anything "official" about it. In fact, there still isn't. We aren't affiliated with anyone else in any way - not the Radom plant, Poland, distributors, dealers, manufacturers, etc. This IS the spot - to my knowledge, nobody else has tried to produce anything that could rival us. It's unofficial because there's nothing that is official. So, in a sense, it's sort of C.Y.A. measure. Make sense?
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Absolutely! :) ;) :)
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

Since we are P64 owners swaping info,tips,ideas & resource
locations it is an unofficial P64 forum,but still rich in what counts.