Trigger Pin Question/Problem

Info, pictures, advice...
Colt1908

Trigger Pin Question/Problem

Post by Colt1908 »

Having owned a P64 for several months, I figured it was time to join the group....and I have to ask for some help/advice.

After firing three or four magazines the trigger pin will work itself out to where it is rubbing on the interior bottom edge of the slide.
I first thought this was a fault in the pin so I ordered a new pin, put it in and the same thing continues to happen.

So the questions are as follow:

1) Is this normal?

2 Will the rubbing of the head of the pin on the slide have any adverse affect (other than rubbing off the finish)?

3) If there is a fix, what is it? My gunsmith suggested "peening" the frame just to either side of the head of the pin to retain it, but I really hate the idea of doing "body work" on it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer
chestertnted

Re: Trigger Pin Question/Problem

Post by chestertnted »

There are troubles with the hinge pin, it serves lots of purposes. I do not know of problems with trigger pin. The hinge pin can't be peened, but maybe the pin isn't as hard on the trigger
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the last post in this thread about a similar problem.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5881
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Colt1908

Post by Colt1908 »

Nope, not the Trigger HInge Pin..here are a couple of pictures showing the pin from both sides of the frame.
IMG_0562.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Mine does it a leeetle bit at times. If you hesitate to peen it, a drop of BLUE (!!!) LocTite might take care if it for you. As long as one side doesn't come outta the frame....
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I feel like maybe your Trigger Return Spring may be getting weak and not putting enough pressure on the pivot point. Norm sells better ones here: http://www.p64resource.com/goods.php Maybe try replacing it and see if that helps.

If you check out page 47-50 of the Manuel here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1536 yours looks to be installed right.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Colt1908

Post by Colt1908 »

robhic & Weasel640. Thanks..I'll try the loctite, but will also get a spring from Norm, just in case.
dashman77

Post by dashman77 »

Blue loctite worked for me.
Let the donkies bray, help you find the a$$ in the group.