IJ70 REAR SIGHT

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
RoyOdhner

IJ70 REAR SIGHT

Post by RoyOdhner »

I put an aftermarket fixed sight on my IJ70. Nice upgrade, but the screw that holds the sight to the slid keeps backing out. I've heard that blue Loctite works, but people sometimes use too much and it drips down into the innards and causes all manner of bad things to happen.

I still like the idea about using the blue Loctite, but can't find any clear instructions on how to do it. Has anybody here tried it, and if so how do you apply the Loctite to the screw? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: IJ70 REAR SIGHT

Post by manicmechanic »

Just put a drop on the threads, and you may want to use purple instead of the blue. Not quite as tough to disassemble.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Use the purple. Better options down the road.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

manicmechanic wrote:Just put a drop on the threads, and you may want to use purple instead of the blue. Not quite as tough to disassemble.
Hoo yah! Thanks. Gonna make a trip over to Lowe's today and see if I can find the Purple. If not, then I'll order some. Google/Yahoo is milsurp pistol owner's friend... or worst sort of enabler.
Last edited by RoyOdhner on May 6th, 2016, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

chestertnted wrote:Use the purple. Better options down the road.
Second tip to use the purple. Thanks. Gonna get me some.

I love the 9x18 round - it's like a .380ACP on steroids and gives me enough juice to meet my self-defense needs. When it comes to concealed carry, I'm not gonna carry anything bigger than a Mak, P64, or PPK cuz I don't like the bulk. Now that I've figured out how to keep that screw from backing out, I can put my IJ-70 into EDC rotation.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Some of your local auto parts stores may stock it too.
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

Found some yesterday, and used a dab. It's been during overnight, and is probably good to go right now. I'll get it out on the range Wednesday morning to see how hit does.
MakAttack

Post by MakAttack »

Where did you find a fixed sight for your IJ-70? I had a source but they stopped making them before I could order one (BCA Industries?).