Gary
valetnlv

Re: Check out the Vid

Post by valetnlv »

interesting, i like it!
plarry

Post by plarry »

I don't understand what is gained by eliminating the double action first shot. If a shooter wants a single action first shot, he can simply cock the hammer from the decocked position. Eliminating the decocker takes away the option of double or single action first shot and requires it to be carried either cocked and locked or with an empty chamber. I believe that was the problem Walther was trying to solve with the PP and PPk, which were the pistols on which the P64 is based.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

What he said!^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
mike83

Post by mike83 »

I searched and found this video right after I bought my 2nd P64 with the same non-functioning de-cocker. As I said in a previous post, replacing the dis-connector returned all to normal function. I put in a new sear as long as I was there. I have since polished up the safety lever and detent. This one works smoother than my other untouched one. Ordered another set of grips from Shawn (Zee grips) last week: still $24. :D

Mike
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

^^^ So it would appear that these left the arsenal with bad dis-connectors.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Yes, I won't swear to it, but I got the impression that pistol had either been fooled with or possibly defective and he was just lucky it worked as it did. I have a 68 vintage P64 and it ain't NOTHIN' like that! :shock: He also got into (and I REALLY hate to bring this one up!) the two positions on the hammer!!! That was a looooooong thread about "yes it DOES have 3 positions" vs "no it DOESN'T have 3 positions" the 3rd position being the between safe and fire. That was a doozy. I think I'll just keep my guns the way they are, Replace springs but I am not gonna screw with the internals and geometry and such!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
mike83

Post by mike83 »

Mine did NOT have a 3rd position for the hammer before or after I replaced the dis-connector and sear. I just wonder if these were done intentionally or this is a normal wear pattern. I don't see much wear on my pistol, leaving me to think this was an intentional modification. The old dis-connector did show some grind marks on it as well. Either way, I am happy yo have it returned to normal.
Mike
stunnoi1234

Post by stunnoi1234 »

Ordered another set of grips from Shawn
ไฮโลออนไลน์
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Curly1 wrote:^^^ So it would appear that these left the arsenal with bad dis-connectors.
no left Poland with a bad dis-connector or some one state side screwed with it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage