Looked at a Taurus PT111

Use this section for all other firearms
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Looked at a Taurus PT111

Post by Ketchman »

Ok, as promised here are pics of the sights, before and after some touchup with neon nail polish. I do this to all my sidearms.
Attachments
20160114_151058_resized.jpg
20151121_163330_resized.jpg
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
mike83

Post by mike83 »

I did not go to the range yesterday as was planned. It was below zero most of the day and my breathing is bad enough when warm. Besides, the Uplula has not arrived yet. My bleeding fingers have healed and I don't want to cut them up again.

I used to laugh at my Dad when he regularly cut himself when doing anything mechanical. I now understand what he was up against. I cut myself when I was making toast recently. Getting old sucks, but it does beat the alternative.

Mike
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

What sucks the most is realizing what an uninformed stupid kid I was who thought he was all that and a bag of chips when I too laughed at my father for doing, what I then thought was stupid, and now not only do I understand why but I do the same damn things!! But at least I lived to get old enough TO understand. I feel ya Mike. :roll:
mike83

Post by mike83 »

I picked up my Uplula today. What a breeze to load all 12 rounds! This item should have been in my range bag years ago. All my old single stack magazines were okay to load by hand, so I didn't really need a loader. I will use this loader with all my magazines. Truly a great invention!
No range time today, hopefully tomorrow.
Mike
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Cool. I have thought about getting one too. I have a generic one that is useful but it is not as good as un Uplula I am sure. Let us know how the range time goes.
mike83

Post by mike83 »

A two hour wait at 2 different ranges yesterday cancelled my shooting for Thursday. Today was only 20 minutes, so I hung around. The PT111 G2 worked perfectly with about 150 rounds of 4 different types sent downrange. I think the magazines needed to be broken in more than anything else. The Uplula loader is a Godsend. I dialed in the sights and got some decent (decent for me) groups at 21 feet. I shot my old Taurus 38 revolver for comparison and got about the same groups.

I can now fully recommend the PT111 G2. Just figure in the cost of a loader if you don't have one already. The recoil is really very light for a 9mm compact. The long trigger is different at first, but now I don't even notice it. The thing fits me just right (I have large hands with medium fingers). I am afraid that the wife will want to call it her own. The price is so reasonable, I will just get another if she does.

Get one (or 2).

Mike
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

That is cool Mike. I am glad everything settled in for you. Welcome to the Believers Camp.