Has anyone else had....

Info, pictures, advice...
115grfmj

Has anyone else had....

Post by 115grfmj »

a poor experience with american eagle 9x18. My last outing with my new p64 I went thru 100 rds of barnaul 95grfmj . I was getting 1 ragged hole groups at 7 yards and 3-4 inches at 25yards. This time I switched to American eagle 95gr fmj, and although it didn't seem as hot (Barnaul was sending sparks out the ejection port, the federal stuff wasn't). The accurcy was horrible 5-6" at 7yards, and very dirty. Anyone else see this?
I thought domestic stuff should be better quality, that the import.

Anyone tried sellier & Bellot?

Did I mention that I love this this.
steve98664

Has anyone else had....

Post by steve98664 »

S&B is my favorite due to the brass casings and reliability of this brand in 9x18. I think they used to have a bad rep many years ago. Some Winchester is actually S&B, some is US made, just look at the box for country of manufacture to tell the difference on Winchester 9x18.

I had bad luck with American Eagle, though that is the low end of the Federal product line, I thought. Others have mentioned that it is good stuff.

I like silver bear, though it leaves a lot of black residue after about 6 boxes or so.

I like the Mesko I got though it is not a prevalent brand, just one of the surplus ammos you can get.

I recently got some Brown Bear, but I don't like the look of the laquer coating on these rounds. I'll probably try a box of it.

Hornady is ok for me, though it is pricey.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Has anyone else had....

Post by nbender »

Winchester 9x18 is made by S&B.
1dickhurtz

Has anyone else had....

Post by 1dickhurtz »

Hi everyone,
I have to chime in...A local gunshop in NE Pennsylvania had loads of 16 round MADE AT THE TULA CARTRIDGE WORKS RUSSIA 9x18 Makarov GR FMJ 100 Corrosive for $2.00 a box.
I carry DOUBLE FISTED...1 HORNADY 95gr JHP/XTP in the chamber of each. The TULA in the right hand and CCI BLAZER 95 gr TMJ in the left.
Bruce Willis has nothing on me!
tunnelrat

Has anyone else had....

Post by tunnelrat »

I carry DOUBLE FISTED...1 HORNADY 95gr JHP/XTP in the chamber of each. The TULA in the right hand and CCI BLAZER 95 gr TMJ in the left.
Bruce Willis has nothing on me!
Except caliber, good looks, and several million dollars... ;)
1dickhurtz

Has anyone else had....

Post by 1dickhurtz »

Ohh...and one more tunnelrat...
I'm real and he's fake!
b52stan

Has anyone else had....

Post by b52stan »

Hey dick, for what it's worth, the best FMJ 9x18 still available that I know of, is the Norinco, which is no longer imported. AIM is currently offering some which won't last long.

This stuff is Chinese reliable, and hot enough to use for concealed carry.

Stan
Last edited by b52stan on November 16th, 2006, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.