WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Ketchman »

Kwqd,

Quite the resume sir. Welcome to the brotherhood. Glad we have been of some help to you. You sound like the ki d of guy I could set and listen to stories from for quite a spell. What do you think of the P-64 compared to other milsurp sidearms?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
kwqd

Post by kwqd »

Thank you, Sir. I have small hands and the P64 sits in my hand very comfortably and shoots to my natural point of aim with no adjustments. Though I really like my CZ82s and, on paper, they are a better pistol than the P64, I always have to make some mental adjustment when shooting them that I don't have to do with the P64. The same is true for the Glock. The M1911 with stock grips also typically shoots to my natural point of aim as do Toks. I like the 9x18 cartridge, even though I feel it is a marginal round for self defence, but careful shot placement can compensate for that and the accuracy of the P64 is up to that challenge.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I also have issue with having to make adjustments with the grip on a Glock to get accurate shots except the gen 4 grips which I must confess I like although I have not actually shot one yet. The CZ-82 is a natural shooter for me as is the P-64 and I feel the same about the 9x18 round. I like it better than the .380 and the .38 special but the latter mostly because of launch platform size. Ever shot a Daewoo DP-51?
kwqd

Post by kwqd »

I have not shot the Daewoo DP-51, but I have read about it. I don't have a large circle of gun friends here (Illinois, ugh) like I have had other places I have lived, so don't get to shoot a broad range of weapons as in the past. Never been a 9mm fan, though, and actually never owned one, though it is on my list to get one just to have something that shoots that cartridge. My normal carry for years was either a M1911 or Browning Sig P220. I am a lefty so like European style butt magazine release or ambi pistols. The Sig is a bit large in my hands but still shoots to point of aim for me and has been ultra reliable and I trust it.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Roger that on the Sig. I also own and trust one. However my frame is slim so concealing it for EDC is not easy in anything but cold weather. I have a Deawoo and it reminds me very very much of the Sig in construction, fit and finish. Lightweight and has one of the best grips I have ever held, more comfortqlable than a 1911. And shoots very well indeed. However hard to find although someone has restarted production under another name. Will try to find that for you. Should hold / shoot one if you can get the chance.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Go here to see the new Daewoo from Lion Heart

http://www.lionheartindustries.com/firearms
kwqd

Post by kwqd »

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

Well, hello, y'all! I am from Goose Creek, South Carolina, just a stone's throw from North Charleston, SC-which has nearly 300% higher murder rate than the national average-yay! I do love Charleston, proper, but, it is best to carry concealed out and about, and one of my nicknames has been ''2-gun Mike'' from my usual carry of one revolver and one pistol. Not to be caught off guard, as well i carry one designated utility knife and one purely for defense. I live in a nice, quiet subdivision that we actively perform citizen patrol. I was a base security contractor after the USMC/USN/ARMY/Dept of Corrections/two Sheriff's offices, so i still have several night vision units i love to play with at night, i'm more of an original survivalist than prepper, who i still greatly respect, I was a law enforcement firearms instructor, defense instructor,dive team, and was able to work with SpecOps and 7th SF in service. I am disabled with facial fractures and TBI, managed to get a .22 lr bullet dent in the back of my head and lose a testicle in service. I have an 8 inch plate in my lower leg, and you can imagine my annoyance when i found out that kitchen magnets would not stick to it! I have a developed 20 acre spread that is fenced, a veritable compound midstate, that i am still actively looking for a right group of families to join me if bad, bad times hit, and we may find and thrive with safety in the numbers! It is so remote that google even has the wrong image and address! It even has two homes and four other buildings, one being a machine shop. I fear what presidential directives obama may announce after the elections, and i love shows like Z Nation, The Walking Dead, Fear The Walking Dead, Supernatural and love my rescue bulldogs. I have competed, and LOVE teaching others how to shoot defensively.I have worked in two prisons and two jails and have developed my own, but simple, system of hand to hand combat. I don't believe in the electric chair. I believe in electric bleachers!
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I too would have been pissed off that magnets would not stick! What a cool parlor trick that would have been. Welcome aboard Cujo.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Cujo wrote: I don't believe in the electric chair. I believe in electric bleachers!
Welcome, and you, sir, are a man after my own heart! You've been a busy boy in your previous life but I DO like that 'bleachers' idea. Why do it one at a time? We could do a ZAP-A THON and charge admission. Give the profits to the veterans groups!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

:D Thanks guys, i think i found a home! I am working at trying to get out more than just pain center appointments and my haircuts every 6 months! It's nice to have a group to belong to!
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

Someone please let me know how to say thank you on this site! Thanks!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Cujo wrote:Someone please let me know how to say thank you on this site! Thanks!

There is no option to hit a thank you button to posters.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

You just did man. And your welcome and we are happy to have you aboard.
Pulsar

Post by Pulsar »

Hi All,

I found this site a few weeks ago, and it played a large part in my decision to order a p64 sight unseen. As a result, I'm now the proud new owner of a 1967 p64. It even came with the original issue holster and cleaning rod! I'm very happy with it, and just installed an 18lb Wolff hammer spring to lighten up the DA trigger pull. I found the walkthrough on the website very helpful.

I've only taken it to the range once, with the stock spring. I'm looking forward to trying it with the lighter trigger.

Thanks for all the info!