3rd Obama-Ammo-Apocalypse?

Non-firearms open discussion.
Cujo

3rd Obama-Ammo-Apocalypse?

Post by Cujo »

Hello all! I'm new and happy to have found this site! Allow me please to make my point, then introduce myself better. I think it is safe to say that we all got caught off guard with obama's first ammo offensive tactic. As soon as he was reelected, if that's what we call our elections anymore-free elections by the people, i saw the writing on the wall. I urged all my friends to go for ammo-good ammo, as discreetly and in quantity as if they may not ever see it again. i got sleeves (250 rds) of Winchester's Ranger as often as possible from Ammo To Go. Ranger T-series is the secret politically correct copper Black Talon. I got sleeves of Ranger and Speer Gold Dot JHP most especially in 9mm +P+ and +P. For one, that Beretta carbine, i have the 92 mag feed version, has a superstrong recoil spring and can eat up that powerful ammo. For other weapons, a mix of regular, +P and +P+, as long as your frame is not alloy and you go Rambo with it, gives you real power. I collected 5.56, 7.62x39mm, 6.8 SPC, .22 LR 32 gr CCI Stingers and Segmented-formerly known as Quik Shok as it breaks into 3 segments inside the target, .40. .45 ACP, .45 Long Colt, .44 special-particularly Speer Gold Dot JHP (love my 3'' 1970's Charter Arms .44 Bulldog, .44 magnum, .32 acp, .357 magnum, .38 special and even some cases of 00 buck 2 3/4'' 12 gauge buckshot. I prefer Winchester and Hornady as they tend to mushroom less left loaded in the tube of semis and pump shotguns. I ended up being fight, as some friends even had to come to me for ammo just to qualify for their concealed weapon permits, the gun shop ranges all look like they had been looted! Now for the kicker. We all know that obama has used presidential directives as his way of making law-and no one has stopped him! When he came down here after the now notorious "Emmanuel Nine" mass murder at the Charleston, SC church, he vowed to take action. I am positive that a presidential directive is already waiting, waiting until after the presidential election so as to not hurt the Democratic party. I am certain that this directive will affect ammo at the very least-maybe as far as controlling the amount purchased at one time, maybe even ''military calibers'', perhaps magazine capacity-once again, maybe even an attempted future limit of how much ammo and/or weapons you own! All he had to do before was sell off ammo components, imagine if he affected magazines, or even how many weapons a gun shop could have for sale at one time! I could even see him making a requirement to have your doctor write a validation that you are stable! There is no way that he is not going to try something, even though his own hometown has some of the most stringent laws yet still has illegal weapons in the hands of the gangs! They made a law that convicted felons cannot own body armor, yet we've even had home invasions with thugs wearing just that! I keep a Marlin .45-70 and lead slugs in a shotgun just for that reason, as i was a near victim of a home invasion back when i wore a badge! I counted three voices whispering as they tried to pick the deadbolt to my steel core door, a week after i confiscated a softball-sized bundle of coke that was being smuggled into a prison. That was the first time i had a ''kill everyone in the house'' contract on my family and my life. There are two other murderers and drug dealers doing 32 yrs max rt now for their murder of an old man and then discussing on the jailhouse phone the murder of my stepdaughters, wife and me-luckily recorded. I love shooting ranges, the comradery of fellow shooters, and now that i am disabled after my vehicle was struck by a huge truck one night, hit and run, i have migraines every day from the facial fractures. I've developed a love of Eastern European weapons and collecting, an d am planning a Radom, Polish P64, as my next! I just scored a brand new Serbian M57 7.62x25mm Tokarev and a new Russian .380 Makarov last Saturday, both from trades and the cash from a Soviet Deep Diver watch i'd just sold at a gun show that morning! I also have an original, all but converted to semi, Romanian RPK Light Machine Gun and a more Americanized Polish Underfolder AKMS 7.62x39mm! The RPK was the only one that took work-as a typical machinegun, it needed breaking in and thanks to about a case of ammo and Militec1 machine gun oil that bonds, it is now a jewel! I am a former Marine, USN, US Army, an armorer, Deputy Corporal, Rescue/Recovery diver, and Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor. I greatly respect preppers, but consider myself a survivalist as i planned all the way back to my teen years to do a stint in various services and agencies to learn as much as i possibly could, as soon as i could! I just never planned on TBI and a hit and run, migraines every bloody day or an 8 inch plate in my leg. But, i have knowledge, determination, skill and at least only lost one ball in the service, bwhaaaaaaa! Now to stock up on .380, 7.62x25 and 9x18mm! I'm eyeing the P-64s at Cheaper Than Dirt, but really wish i could see it in hand first! Oddly, at the gun show here, all I saw was one Chinese Tok, one Romanian Tok, and not a single Makarov or M64! My gunshop had already ordered my Serb Tok and called me at the show to pick it up, and that's where i found the Makarov too. My other hobby is getting internally sound but rough exterior used semi shotguns and making then into what i like to call ''Home Security Riot Shotguns!" My smoothest is an old 70's Beretta semiauto skeet gun which is now all black, rigged with a SureFire light with a strike bezel attached and a government over run purchase Beamshot green laser-available at Sportsmans Guide for about $90! I then attach various solid spare shell holders to the stock, making it a great ''ranch'' type gun too. It is a pleasure to be here and say ''Hi, y'all!'' Mike 'Cujo' Perrine
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: 3rd Obama-Ammo-Apocalypse?

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Paragraphs are your friends.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

HA HA! Point taken! I'm still mid migraine and not clear of thought rt now. thanks!
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Maks and P-64 are your friends on this site. We all need to assess our ammo hoard sometimes. Prices don't seem to drop do they!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

:wink: I'm eyeing Cheaper Than Dirt's models, yet wondering how i can also get at least 5 magazines too. Gotta check with my local Mom n Pop shop I like, and, i say w/o embarrassment, i like to have about 1k in ammo for nearly any caliber i have-fluidly, so i can also practice and teach my 'brothers', in case i go down and they need to pick up my wep.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Min of 1K of 9×18!. I use Bulkammo.com. Never a problem, 2 day FedEx.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Currently 1800+ rounds of 9x18 in the locker. And thinking of more.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
RoyOdhner

Post by RoyOdhner »

This is fixin' to come up again if Clinton get's elected, and I saw the subject broached on another forum recently. During the last ammo shortage, I found that Obama wasn't the problem at all - the problem was ammo scalpers. These guys have all the time and money in the world (apparently), and wait for ammo to hit store shelves. Then they buy it in huge quantity, before those of us who have real jobs or lives can get there, and then turn around and sell it at inflated prices on the internet or at gun shows.

I saw this happen last year at a gun show in Burelson, TX. The local academy had a good supply of ammo on hand, so I bought a couple of boxes of .22wmr - I'd have bought some .380acp, but I didn't have my checkbook with me. Went back the next day, checkbook in hand, and it was all gone. Went to the gun show that weekend and saw tons of Monarch ammo for over twice the price that Academy was selling it for. I've seen it on line with scumbags who were selling Herters (the Cabela store line of ammo) for well over twice the price.

In the case of the Monarch pimp at the gun show, I heard the vendor blaming it on Obama. I told him - and the crowd there - that he was the problem, and that hell would freeze over before I bought his ammo. (He called me an "Obama fanboy" as I left). That was then, and since then I've been buying a 3-4 boxes now and then locally, or making an occasional bulk purchase from Sportsman's Warehouse or the like. Now Clinton can get elected and re-elected, aliens can abduct all the ammo, there could be a drought and all the ammo trees whither - whatever - I have enough ammo on hand out outlast any gun snatching administration, sleazy hordes of ammo scalpers, or any other such inconvenience.

I think that it would be a good idea for all of us to start building a decent reserve of ammo. Makarov ammo included. It might also be a wise idea to consider not buying ammo from scalpers should another ammo shortage occur. These guys are not our friends. They're crooks who get many of us to believe there doing us a favor. They're not. They're creating a problem, blaming it one someone else, then profiting off it. The only way to stop them is to let them sit on their ammo horde and rot. (My guess is that they tied-up a lot of their money in it, so rotting on it is really gonna hurt cuz they can't flip it).
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

There will always be those that believe the "chicken little's" and keep them in business.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Buy a box or 2 every time you go in to the store.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
mike83

Post by mike83 »

I sweep the floor at the indoor range I frequent. I can't believe more people don't pick up for reloading. I have lots of 45's and 9mm brass that I convert to 9mm Mak. I give the 40 and 380 brass to my friends that reload them. Casting my own projectiles should insure my supply for some time. Saying that, I still will buy loaded ammo when I see a good deal. I just bought some 9mm Remington for $19/100 round box at Rural King.
I just received my weekly mail from the NRA. It included some newspaper clips from the gun confiscation in Australia. Shrillary wants to do the same here. Not in my lifetime (interpret that anyway you care to). :x
Mike