Clean, Lube Protect

Info, pictures, advice...
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Clean, Lube Protect

Post by robhic »

I know most folks have seen a zillion of these products but this one has been around a while and I've used it for a long time on ALL my guns. I use EEZOX which is a dry lube. It dries and leaves a coating on metal that won't collect dirt and debris like oils and grease. It leaves a (I'd say...) Teflon-like coating that lasts, cleans like crazy (keep it away from plastic!!!) and has been tested to protect from rust better than most other products. Why am I telling you this?

Yesterday I took my two granddudes out for the last range day before school will be starting. I got all of us a P-64 pistol (theirs stay at MY house) a few months ago so we could do what we did yesterday - a shoot-a-thon of P-64 goodness! :mrgreen: I hauled a bunch of ammo and our 3 pistols to the indoor range and we punched a LOT of paper, especially #1 granddude who's 20 and loves his P-64. Can't shoot it enough and went through about 3-4 boxes of ammo. The younger boy and I (I stick with him at 13) shot ours through about 2+ boxes.

After we finished, of course I get the pleasure of taking the pistols home to clean as the boys needed to be getting home. Not really a problem but after all the rounds we put down range collectively, looking in the barrels you could almost not tell the guns had been fired!

People always say how dirty the steel-cased ammo is. Well, you couldn't prove it by me. I coat all the barrels inside with EEZOX. It makes the inside shine like a mirror and it does NOT pick up much, if any, dirt. I get the same results in my other guns using brass ammo, too. I just thought I'd mention this because I think steel-cased ammo doesn't have to be dirty if the barrel is treated right....

Years ago I used to get it from Midway but they stopped carrying it. I "met" a guy on a Ruger .22 forum who is a professional gunsmith in Wisconsin and he carries it. I get my EEZOX from him, now. It's around $5 a can but lasts a loooooooong time! I use it on everything and mine lasts years so it's fairly cheap when you get down to it. No, I don't get commission but if anybody wants to get some EEZOX it can be had from: http://saronagunworks.com/ And you won't be sorry.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Terminatorret

Re: Clean, Lube Protect

Post by Terminatorret »

I concur 100%. EEZOX is great stuff. It keeps my East Texas humidity at bay and makes post-firing cleaning extremely easy. It has a little "different" smell to it, but not bad at all. I use a q-tip and occasional pipe cleaners for most of my clean-up, then finish off with my air compressor. I read somewhere that too much EEZOX can leave too thick of a protective film (although I don't think it would bother ANY of my comm block pistols even a little bit), so I use it very sparingly.
Another strong vote for EEZOX.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Terminatorret wrote:I read somewhere that too much EEZOX can leave too thick of a protective film (although I don't think it would bother ANY of my comm block pistols even a little bit), so I use it very sparingly.
Another strong vote for EEZOX.
Correct. A long time ago I used some (too much) on a Browning Buckmark 22 pistol. I put the gun away for quite some time and didn't use it. After the next trip to the range, I was home cleaning and in a corner was a clump of 'something'. I scraped it out and realized it was a pool of EEZOX that had solidified over the months of storage. It was hard as a rock! It also takes longer to dry if too thick. I live alone so when cleaning, I leave the coated parts out on the table for an hour or so (I contacted the company Warren Outdoor about using a hair dryer to hasten the process and they said no, it should be left to air dry) and then re-assemble.

The barrels get swabbed out with a patch soaked in EEZOX, left for a while and then a clean patch or bore mop run through. After that dries I put it all together. Overnight, sometimes if I feel lazy.... :wink:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Curly1 wrote:Available at Amazon also.

http://www.amazon.com/Eezox-Premium-Syn ... B00W8MKSFU
Interesting. I never looked elsewhere after Midway stopped carrying it. Dennis at SARONA said he was the distributor for EEZOX for the southwestern (I think) area of Wisconsin and we were internet pals so I've just gotten it through him. I got 2 cans from him around 2-3 years ago and STILL have 1 and 1/2 cans left! If used properly (THIN COAT) it lasts forever.
- Robert