CFE Pistol?

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
MongooseDog

CFE Pistol?

Post by MongooseDog »

I was supposed to get bullseye, but CFE showed up. Does anyone have a load they like with this yet? No one seems to have actual info anywhere.
craig

Re: CFE Pistol?

Post by craig »

:?: I'm a little confused, what do you mean by "Bullseye" and "CFE" :?:
There is no free lunch
MongooseDog

Post by MongooseDog »

Pistol powders
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

try the low load for a 380 and work up
I have never used this powder , and its called Hodgdon CFE
http://www.hodgdon.com/

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
MongooseDog

Post by MongooseDog »

That was my plan. I have a whole lot of bullets to test with. I really like the CFE223 for rifles, so I hope this lives to my expectations.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

there is a difference between CFE and CFE 223
CFE™PistolCFE Pistol™New for 2014, this excellent spherical pistol propellant utilizes our CFE formula, Copper Fouling Eraser, virtually eliminating copper fouling, plus providing top velocities with clean burning and minimal muzzle flash. For competitive shooters and hand loaders seeking the perfect powder for target or self-defense loads, CFE Pistol provides optimum performance in cartridges like the 9mm Luger, 38 Super, 40 S&W, the venerable 45 ACP and many more.

CFE 223H335™Introduced in January 2012, this versatile spherical rifle propellant incorporates in its formula CFE, Copper Fouling Eraser. This ingredient, originally used in military propellant, greatly deters copper fouling. It contributes to longer periods of top accuracy with less barrel cleaning time. Being a spherical powder, metering is superbly accurate. CFE 223 yields top velocities in many cartridges such as the 204 Ruger, 223 Remington/5.56mm NATO, 22-250 Remington and the 308 Winchester/7.62mm NATO, plus many, many more. Match, Varmint and AR shooters will love this one!

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage