Will not decock, broken

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
najaf

Will not decock, broken

Post by najaf »

If I intend to carry the gun fo rCCW, I will carry it in Condition Three, no round in chamber. Will only full load mag x 6 rds of Barnaul 95 HP and practice Israeli style draw. Nondominant hand cocks slide on quick draw then do a two handed stand. Doesnt take much vs a chambered rd in Condition One.
I thnk this style will keep one from using the safety constantly .
najaf

Will not decock, broken

Post by najaf »

Just yesterday I dropped at the same pawnshop 2 months ago and there I still see the same Unissued 1976 P64 with 2 magd plus hardcase. I got to handle it again and boy it is just like mine. I twas priced $269 , you know Pawns exaggerate their price. I wondered why it didnt sell that long. Maybe people are not interested in the heavy DA. Last the price is out too high.
tunnelrat

Will not decock, broken

Post by tunnelrat »

If I intend to carry the gun fo rCCW, I will carry it in Condition Three, no round in chamber. Will only full load mag x 6 rds of Barnaul 95 HP and practice Israeli style draw. Nondominant hand cocks slide on quick draw then do a two handed stand. Doesnt take much vs a chambered rd in Condition One.
I thnk this style will keep one from using the safety constantly .
Condition Three is a valid way of carrying a self-defense firearm. Keep in mind that we will carry the weapon much more than we will ever have to shoot it in self-defense.

Here in Ohio, due to some strange aspects of our carry law, we have to handle our carry firearms frequently -- every time we get into or out of an automobile -- because we have to carry IN PLAIN SIGHT so long as we are in a motor vehicle. The plain sight provision is especially onerous in the winter, due to the heavier, bulkier clothing, and the many layers needed to keep warm.

On occasion, during the coldest parts of the winter, I have taken to carrying my firearms in Condition Three, just to avoid handling a weapon with a round chambered. Condition Three keeps the firing pin away from the primer and the bullets away from the bore.

Unfortunately, it is also much slower to bring into action. Make it a point to practise drawing and chambering a round. You will likely never need to use it, but if you do, you will need to use it in a hurry!
najaf

Will not decock, broken

Post by najaf »

I got the repalcement. Looks new. I will have to pu t the whole other parts tonite.