New Guy

Info, pictures, advice...
Ricofardan

New Guy

Post by Ricofardan »

image.jpg
Received my first P64 yesterday from Aim Surplus. Wow! What a nice pistol. I haven't fired it yet but the fit and finish is amazing. New to this forum but no stranger to C&R firearms. Purchased my first when I was a sophomore in college in 1966. I've been collecting, shooting and hunting with them ever since. I'm here to learn about my new acquisition. I'm not a stranger to Polish Radom pistols as I own a couple of P35's. Thank you for this forum I'm glad I found you.

Rico in Oregon
Last edited by Ricofardan on February 14th, 2015, 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New Guy

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Rico, give us a range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Brotherhood and yes, a range report please. You should find all the info here that you could desire and prbly some you did not know you wanted to know and these are a great bunch a guy's.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
craig

Post by craig »

You got a nice one. Welcome from Wisconsin.
There is no free lunch
MartyW

Post by MartyW »

Congrats Ricofardan, I too got one from Aim Surplus a few weeks ago from their current batch. I paid for the best of 5 with mine and it looks amazing too, like yours.

The great guys here on this forum helped me to get mine tweaked quickly, all within a couple of weeks, and now mine is so smooth. To sum up the tweaks I did, and they are easy to do: lighter hammer spring and heavier recoil spring, both cheap from Wolff springs. worked the safety back and forth with Lucas assembly lube, and a drop of hi-viz fingernail polish on the back of the front sight blade. With just those few tweaks my "new" P-64 is a wonderful pistol. Thanks again guys for all your help!

I had mine at the range yesterday for the second time. I've put 250 rounds thru mine in two trips so far with 5 different types of ammo, lacquer coated, steel & barss, FMJ, HP & Hormady Critical Defense, and my P-64 has performed perfectly, not a single problem with any of the ammo.

I bought mine for ccw. I looked around and found that several companies make hybrid iwb ccw holsters specifically for the P-64 and I've ordered one for mine. The one I ordered, with recommendations from a friend, is from AlienGear holsters, but I haven't received it yet. Best of luck with you P-64.
Ricofardan

Post by Ricofardan »

MartyW,

Thanks for the helpful advice.

Rico
Vadirus

Post by Vadirus »

Just got mine from AIM recently, and its like yours. Almost unused condition, very excellent, but like all P64's the single action is great but the DA is something out of the Middle Ages.

Ordered up a 22 lb recoil spring and an 18 lb hammer spring from Wolff springs. Sootch on YouTube has a great review of this exact setup with the P64 and its a great change for less than 20 bucks.

Don't bother with the slightly cheaper P64's from Classic. They are very worn compared to the ones Aim is shipping out.