TAP SIZE ?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
STARDUST1940

TAP SIZE ?

Post by STARDUST1940 »

Need help I want to tap out, or chase the thread in the plunger retaining pin screw hole. Does any member know what the tap size is? Its small. Almost forgot its a P64.

thanks KEN
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: TAP SIZE ?

Post by normsutton »

KEN

love to help you , but don't what plunger retaining pin you are talking about , most pins are just that pin's there are no threads on them, if they had threads on the they would be screws
NORM
"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
STARDUST1940

Post by STARDUST1940 »

Norm, The plunger retaining pin screw part #7, that's the tap I need. Per Troy Harp's break down and reassembly of the P64. On left side of the pistol. I need a tap for that hole.
KEN
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

ok now I see , I have know idea what thread they are never had to take any of mine that far apart

NORM
"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
STARDUST1940

Post by STARDUST1940 »

Norm, Thanks for giving it a shot. I'am going to dig deeper, I think I'll find it sooner or later. Heres my group I have so much fun working on, I've had them all down to the bare frame. Polished the areas that rub, working under a magnifying lite. As you can see I kinda like the P 64. Will post the tap size when I find it.

A -1967
A- 1969 down to the bone now, will DURACOAT this one.
A -1970
A -1972
A -1977
Thanks
KEN