How to install back the trigger bar ?

Info, pictures, advice...
najaf

Post by najaf »

For some reason i was fiddling with my P64 and cocked the hammer and removed the slide . I pulled the trigger and the hammer fell. I recocked the hammer and the problem started. I pulled trigger and the hammer stayed cocked. I proceeded to remove both grips and tried pulling trigger several times but hammer stayed cocked. In the course of pulling the trigger the trigger bar came off. I dont why it did. I have no idea how to put this back (not machinically savvy). I see the the trigger bar has two jutting protrusions which goes to the trigger side that has holes. I wish I have another P64 so I can compare to have an idea to reassemble.
Can someone help me go thru steps in this regard. Thanks
najaf

Post by najaf »

I was trying to find a pictorial diagram here on the P64s right side showing the trigger bars right placement but found only left side schematics. Maybe someone here can help. thanks
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

najaf

Ether the trigger return spring broke or came of the off the trigger bar
give me your email address and I'll sent you a print out

of what to look for

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
stibnite

Post by stibnite »

najaf -

Can you post a follow-up later? It might help others with the same problem.
najaf

Post by najaf »

I followed normsutton's step by step pictorial and its back now. I appreciate for your prompt help sir. I thought I had a broken hammer return spring but it wasnt at all. it took me a mindbuggling 4 hrs to feature how it put it back.
Another easy way I used is a small cabinet nail to depress the tail of the return spring working on the rt side trigger hole and slowly position the trigger bar in place. MAke sure you cock the hammer and the trigger bar tail end will just fall in place.
I hope my trigger return spring will hold on for now and if it does broke, I will order from normsutton. Thanks again.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

In the Manual, which is available for download right here on this forum, it says "Do not allow the hammer to fall with the slide removed. Damage to the mechanism may result." (Page 9 in the manual, page 5 of the PDF file.)

It is so important to read the manual on each different firerarm that you own, BEFORE you operate or dissassemble it.