Gonna Leave It Alone

Info, pictures, advice...
Geezer

Gonna Leave It Alone

Post by Geezer »

Took my new (to me) P64 out today to run some rounds through it. While the D/A trigger pull is very heavy, I'm gonna leave it as is. I practiced shooting D/A and it is manageable. The S/A pull is not bad like it is and if I go and change the spring, I'm afraid it will be too light.

It's pretty accurate, fed and functioned like it should, and while snappy, it was fun to shoot.
My main gripe is the magazine release. I need to find a better way to drop the magazine.

Dennis

Re: Gonna Leave It Alone

Post by Dennis »

Hi Geezer, The heavy magazine release is caused by the 28 pound hammer spring.
Do your trigger finger a favor and swap out the hammer spring and learn to live with a light S/A trigger.
Last edited by Dennis on September 23rd, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Or do like I do and just shoot single-action. :wink:
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

I think the lighter spring will help it last longer, too. Less load and wear on various parts.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Well, I changed my mind. I have some Wolff springs on the way. Hopefully, this will make the magazine release work a little easier, too. I don't really want to put an extended release on it as I plan to pocket carry the little beast as soon as I become confident in it's reliability.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I recently picked up a 1971 and put the Wolff hammer spring and recoil spring in it. I decided to leave the 1974 alone. D/A improved greatly and the S/A is not too light. Hopefully, I'll get to run some rounds through it this afternoon.