Sticky Slide

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
s10bgordy

Sticky Slide

Post by s10bgordy »

Hi Everybody!
Im a new owner of the p-64 and member of your site. Thanks for the info. I have a question about a problem. When I rack the slide sometimes it hangs open just a hair at the end. leaves probably an 1/8th of an inch of the barrel showing. It can be fairly easily smacked with the palm of your hand to get it seated right but is there a more permanent fix? I cleaned and oiled it 2 the best of my abilities. I looked around where the slide travels and nothing grabbed my attention. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Sticky Slide

Post by normsutton »

what ammo are you useing

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
s10bgordy

Sticky Slide

Post by s10bgordy »

Winchester, it also does it without ammo..if thats anymore help
pshootr

Sticky Slide

Post by pshootr »

Hmmm. I'm away from my P-64 right now, so going by memory I can think of a few possible issues.
1. On the P-64 and the Makarov the extractor hook must jump over the rim of the cartridge just before the slide goes fully into battery. Since you say your problem occurs even when the chamber is empty I would guess this is not the cause, though. You do need to give the slide a good "slingshot" pull to the rear coupled with a quick release to assure proper chambering of the 1st round though. Don't "ride" the slide forward into battery.
2. After checking that the magazine is removed and the chamber is empty, field strip the pistol and then reassemble it without the recoil spring. Work the slide back and forth and see if you can determine any better where the problem may be.
3. Does it have the same problem with the magazine removed or only if the mag is in place?
. . . PshootR . . .
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Sticky Slide

Post by normsutton »

S10BGORDY

I have heard of this with 100 to 115 grn . bullets but not without

I would have to see gun
the only thing i can come up with make sure the slide stop bar is in place and the tregger bar

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
s10bgordy

Sticky Slide

Post by s10bgordy »

Hello, after reading the post it does seem to be when the extractor hook is at the base of the shell. Then ya wack the slide over and its fine. Sorry about the confusion it dosent do it when its not loaded. Any suggestion on repair? If so, any recomendations on a place 2 get parts? Thanks for your time!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Sticky Slide

Post by normsutton »

pull slide back as far back as you can get it it then let go if it still does it you may have crud in in the extractor spring take slide off soak in a solvent for about 2 hour's then try again if that doesn't work you may have to take extractor out of gun and clean spring and spring channel

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on September 26th, 2006, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage