P-64 Extended Mag Release

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
koolkats

Re: P-64 Extended Mag Release

Post by koolkats »

Can you make a similar part for the CZ52?
penguinsscareme

Post by penguinsscareme »

I have had mine installed for about a month now. I am very impressed with the overall quality of the part. One handed magazine drops are now easy, although I did have to file out a small notch in the bottom of the grips in order to be able to pull back far enough on the release lever. Now it works splendidly. The only downside is that the protrusion could accidentally catch on something and release the magazine when you don't want it released. That could potentially be embarrassing at best, disastrous at worst. I have not had one drop free, because even if the catch is not engaging the corresponding notch on the spine of the magazine, the spring by itself exerts enough gripping pressure on the magazine, even a fully loaded magazine, to prevent it from dropping free if the catch is not being held back. In a way you would think it would be good that the magazine doesn't drop free if accidentally released, but the other side is that because it doesn't drop free, you may not realize right away, or in fact for quite a while, that the release has been tripped.

This accidental release happened a couple times shortly after I first installed the new part, but since I have become aware of it, I have adjusted my carry and my thinking to accommodate this. I angle the pistol slightly differently, and I am just generally more aware of how I position myself when I sit. I try to sit with my weakside hip first, since it is when lowering into a seated position that seems to be the time when the risk seems greatest.

When carrying, I from time to time will press on the floorplate of the magazine just to make sure it is fully inserted into the magazine well. Since I became aware of the potential for an accidental release and adjusted my carry style accordingly, it has not happened once.

On the whole, I am very satisfied with this purchase. If you choose to install one of these, you will very quickly become a fan of the ability to switch out a magazine more fluidly. Just be constantly aware of the danger of snagging the extension and releasing a magazine unawares.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Good to know thanx for posting.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Duo_Z

Post by Duo_Z »

I am currently working on a version for those who carry their pistol. I just transitioned to a new job, so there was a little gap of getting set in that. But I'm back to work and hoping to have something for you all soon. Thank you for the review penguinsscareme.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Duo_Z wrote:I am currently working on a version for those who carry their pistol.
Sounds great. How will it be different?
I just transitioned to a new job,
Contratulations! Good luck on the new job.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
gulfsurfing

Post by gulfsurfing »

Looking forward to seeing the CCW version.
penguinsscareme

Post by penguinsscareme »

As am I!
woodysroundup

Post by woodysroundup »

Any update on the CCW version of the extended mag release?
robchart

Post by robchart »

Extended P-64 mag release is super. I have two of them & they work great, in all circumstances. Wise investment.
MongooseDog

Post by MongooseDog »

If you want to see one installed then check out viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5333
6thcav

Post by 6thcav »

How can I order one? Need info?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

6thcav wrote:How can I order one? Need info?
You can pm Duo_Z for current pricing and payment info: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3606

Also he has a hot blued one available as well:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5029&p=47358#p47358
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
6thcav

Post by 6thcav »

How do I order,money order,check,how much Is postage to Cincinnati,ohio
blade76

Post by blade76 »

would love some info onthe mag release and what ur offering and prices. email at sunandsex7776@yahoo.com pls
blade76

Post by blade76 »

how about some info on ur mag releases...they look great