First P64

Info, pictures, advice...
high_speed_chase

First P64

Post by high_speed_chase »

I received my P64, 1971 manufacture, on Tuesday from Classic Firearms. I did a tear down and cleaning, not bad just a little extra oil in it. I finally got around to shooting it today(Friday), I was very surprised by the very light, and I do mean very light trigger pull. I just barely touched the trigger and bam. It seems almost like a hair trigger. My CZ82's are much harder to pull. I was wondering if maybe something might be worn, spring, etc? I would not want to carry this locked and loaded due to the ease of the trigger pull. The gun did not jam, fed very round flawlessly and remained open when magazine was empty.The decocker worked as intended.I was shooting FMJ 94 Grain and I did not detect any of the hand hurting that some speak of also. I do have a slip on Hogue jr on it. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: First P64

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

Are you saying the DA trigger pull was a hair trigger?

SA trigger pull will be a hair trigger if somone put a lighter hammer spring in it to help with the DA trigger pull.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
high_speed_chase

Post by high_speed_chase »

DA is light, but SA is hair trigger. If the gun has been modified it would have to be returned to Classic Firearms, I am a CR FFL holder, so I order directly from supplier.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I have a 17lb spring on mine and yes the SA is a hair trigger but I wouldn't call my DA light either.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

This sounds really fishy. The way you are describing it, it seems someone has altered the springs.

In the case of the hammer spring, yeah if the DA is light, the SA will be next to nothing as you describe. The people with 16-18lb (reduced) hammer springs still describe the DA as heavy. The more you reduce, the more of a "Hair Trigger" the SA will be. The really odd thing is; If the hammer spring is as light as you describe you should have experienced some failure to fire due to light primer strikes. What type of primer are you using? In regards to the hammer spring; If it's that much lighter than a CZ-82, I'd guess some one replaced it or modified it.

In regards to the felt recoil; Again, it sounds like it's been switched for a heavier recoil spring. In comparison to the CZ-82 the recoil should have been as much, or worse. I'm really surprised you did not have any failures. The heavier the recoil spring the less the felt recoil will be. But if to heavy, it will not allow the slide to fully cycle.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I use silver bear ammo w/o any problems.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary