wolf 109 FMJ

All things ammo related.
trustingman62

wolf 109 FMJ

Post by trustingman62 »

I just bought 250 rnds of Wolf 109gr. Fmj and was wondering if ok to fire in my P64. It was very inexpensive. It is loaded in a green tinted steel case.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: wolf 109 FMJ

Post by Curly1 »

Should be OK just don't shoot it in an aluminum frame makarov like a PA-63 or SMC-918 cause it will beat up the frame.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

They are OK to shoot in your P64 but the heavier weight will increase recoil. I have some of the 109gr. Wolf. I don't think they actually make it any longer. My recollection is that production on the 109gr. loads stopped several years ago. Some firearms seem to have issues feeding the weird "truncated cone" shape of the 109gr. bullets. My CZ82 choked on every one of them but they feed fine in all of my other Makarov caliber handguns.

I would not shoot very many of them in my P64 because of the heavier recoil and, therefore, increased wear and tear. Some people do not like expanding ammunition ("hollow point") in 9x18 Makarov caliber, feeling that the expansion negatively affects penetration. They feel that a solid bullet performs better. For these folks, Wolf 109gr. ammunition is a great cartridge. Personally, if I did not have any reliable functioning, expanding ammunition in 9x18 Makarov, I would certainly save my remaining 109gr. for carry duty.

You might be able to resell it at a profit if you promote it for self defense similar to how Buffalo Bore does.
Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I have some of the wolf 100gr with the truncated cones and it won't feed well in my CZ82 also.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary