Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Info, pictures, advice...
hollywood

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by hollywood »

Any bikers out there? I am, but currently between bikes.

So to you bikers, do you carry when you ride? How? I have an ankle rig that intend on carrying, but it is somewhat uncomfortable. I do have engineer boots that my belt holster fits well in, and then my jeans cover the boot, but it does not have a strap so I amnot sure about security.
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by rlj102468 »

Tank bags work ok, but I just carry in normal inside the pants holster.
amd6547

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by amd6547 »

I ride a 1985 Kawasaki which cost me the grand amount of $800, have put about 6000 miles on it in three summers. Here in Ohio, our CCW law has a screwy provision requiring loaded firearms to be carried visably in motor vehicles, with no exception for bikes. Some bike riding CCW holders use a thigh holster, but most lock them in a saddle bag.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
coaster

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by coaster »

I ride a PC and a KLR, I don't pack most of the time but sometimes I pack some heat in the trunk.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by himmel »

OOOOh, been a long time since I've biked--but when I did, I always wore some kind of jacket, I would probably go with a shoulder rig if I were to start that again.. Come to think of it, I really miss my biking jacket--was made of angular pieces of brown leather sewed together, but it really looked nice, not at all like it was pieced together from scraps..

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by 8080 »

I've been riding since 1961. I'm 60 now! I live in south west Arizona for 3 years & I enjoy the riding lot's. I carry all the time. You know how it is on a motorcycle any thing can happen. Pitbulls, bad people etc. I just ordered a P 64, my first one. I usually carry a large weapon eg. 1911 or S&W .357. I built a ridged frame with a "twin cam" engine when I moved here. I am lookin forward to recieve my P 64...........80-80
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by beasleydano »

When I ride I carry the CZAK in a Don Hume clip IWB holster and clip mag case, both made for a Sig P230/232. Many many years ago before I had a permit I carried a small revolver in the side tool compartment and it was too hard to get to in a hurry. That was not a problem with the hard bags on my '81 CBX but I want it on me and readily accessible without having to mess with locks or latches. Most of my riding now is just fun stuff close to home on a naked '79 Suzuki GS550E and there's nowhere on it to put a gun anyway. BTW, as long as we are talking Com-block on this forum, anybody out there ride a Ural?
nicksterdemus

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by nicksterdemus »

1 in the bag n 1 where ever it's easy 2 get 2. I prefer right side inside jacket as I find it hard 2 to manipulate the throttle w/gun in the the right hand.
amd6547

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by amd6547 »

Ohio has now passed a revision to our CCW law which allows concealment in vehicles, with motorcycles mentioned specifically.
URALs are cool--I was just looking at them at the Cycle World motorcycle show. About 10 grand for the sidecar version with two-wheel drive.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by anjdrifter »

I havent riden in years and years last one i HAD was a triumph
that was chopped and outlawed (our terms) rode it winter and summer. Loved my bikes then too much traffic and stuff I just gaveup..I had never heard of ural went to website gotta love the retro uummm might have the bug again,
nicksterdemus

Motorcycle enthusiasts?

Post by nicksterdemus »

Used 2 know a guy w/Ural n sidecar. Think both rear wheels had power n it would top out @ 65mph............................Vroooooooom..........