HOW ACCURATE-AGAIN

Info, pictures, advice...
fully machined

HOW ACCURATE-AGAIN

Post by fully machined »

I just picked up the one on the left, a 1970 round hammer, for $150.00 OTD. Like I needed another one. I was shooting very bad today, so just looked at my new pistol for a while and tried some more to hit something with it. All the while someone at the end of the range was dinging metal targets he at set up at various distances like there was nothing to it. He let me shoot his green dot mark 111 Ruger, a pistol I a very familiar with and I still was not shooting good—bad day. I asked him if he would like to shoot a P-64 and he said, “A P-64, what is that?” This would be a good test of my new 64 and my hot rod “smoothie.” These are his five shot groups at 25 feet, sitting, with hands resting on the bench and not wasting any time about it. The bull group is all from my smoothie. The P-64 is more accurate than I will ever be able to use. He told me I was “milking” the grip and flinching. I agreed and was glad that I let him shoot it before I started to work on the sights. I have done this with other pistols and it was me and not the pistol.
AMMO 067.jpg
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: HOW ACCURATE-AGAIN

Post by Curly1 »

Nice looking piece and a great deal to boot.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Good deal. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
badgerjfr

Post by badgerjfr »

it's nice when you can get a set of "fresh hands" on a gun to see if you or the gun is the problem. usually its me.
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
Huff

Post by Huff »

I had one of those days today, my normally very accurate P64 was having lots of fliers, then I picked up my P1. Same thing! My girl next door came over hearing me shooting and joined in and showed me how to bulls eye with the little gun and the big one. I will try again tomorrow.
huff
jonbw

Post by jonbw »

The flinch cure, learn how to not flinch when shooting a flintlock.

Some years ago, maybe 15+, I became addicted to flintlocks and had several
But never cured the flinch thing totally or as much as you can until I set about
doing just that. No shooting, just learning not to flinch.

After a few weeks I pretty much got rid of it and it is not a problem 98% of the time
anymore. I never had a flintlock pistol but I bet it would be a riot to shoot and very
accurate as well.

Now trigger pull is another story.