WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
jonbw

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by jonbw »

Welcome aboard T.May. Glad you found this forum and you will appreciate it greatly as I did and do. I had my first 9x18, a Feg 63 before I could operate a computer but got into trouble when I found this forum. (Meaning my gun total went up.)
There are for sure some very talented and knowledgeable people here.
T.May

Post by T.May »

Thanks guys...already been looking around the forum and found the videos on disassembly and reassembly...WOW..does that accelerate the learning process. I'm blown away and I also just learned that Classic Arms in is NC...just like me...who knew!
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Greetings from Colorado. Really excited to see a P64 resource!

I picked up my P-64 this weekend and put it through its paces. All I can say is Wow! This is a great little gun. Ive read alittle about this firearm before purchasing and heard the good and the not so good but I went with my gut and went home happy. One of the big problems ive heard ( including from the dealer I purchased from) is it has heavy recoil. After shooting a box of 95grn FMJ with my wife this afternoon, we just looked at each other and said " that wasent so bad, whats the big deal?". Any how I personally think from an engineering perspective alot was done with a little. It is already a winner for me!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

As far as recoil try shooting 2 or 3 boxes yourself and report back :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Welcome Joseph. Glad you and your wife found it to be "not so bad".
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
P64inDixie

Post by P64inDixie »

Hey yall,

I've been lurking a little while gathering info and decided it was time to join. I've been a firearm enthusiast for quite some time but had never gotten around to picking up a P-64, despite my desire to own one. I'm primarily a rifle man and only owned a single handgun for home defense.

Anyways, I finally took the plunge and am now the proud owner of a 1971 model...just got her today.

I look forward to interacting with yall for years to come and hope to make this a daily stop for information and comraderie. God Bless.

Dixie
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the Dark Side Dixie.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ergo

Post by Ergo »

Welcome.
My wife just got us a pair of P64's. Mine had trigger problems so we sent it back and reordered another one. Got them from SOG. I have the better part of a case of Wolf Mak rounds and they grouped well. Tried some handloads and got a lot of case bulging which was not a problem in the CZ82.

Not bad to have a collectable piece that is nice pocket gun as well.

We have a small collection of 5 walther and manhurin PP's and PPK/s'. A FEG in 32 and now two of these near clones.

I have another Radom weapon, a M44 brand new from the crate. It looks unfired and I haven't loaded it in the 5 years that I have owned it.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Welcome Ergo. From one Missourian to another.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome aboard bro.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
MI CZ

Post by MI CZ »

Folks, just ordered a P-64 from Classic Arms after considerable research on this site. Thanks all of you very much for so much information. I am a CZ-82 owner, and with various members of my family have garnered almost every 9mm Mak handgun (Makarov, CZ-82, PA-63, etc.). We also have a WASR 10/63 Kalashnikov rifle at home.

I have taken up shooting relatively late in life in order to be able to spend more time with my family members who are passionate about it, and have enjoyed teaching my boys and my wife to shoot. We are quite pleased to reduce our chances of being victims and we refuse to be sheeple.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the Brotherhood. I too own a CZ-82 and had a PA-63 which I foolishly sold even if it did finance my P-64. Great 'cause I have the P-64 which I love and foolishly because my wife was mad a t me for selling the PA-63, which she liked. Glad we could be of help in your getting started in the P-64 addiction.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome, show us some pics when you get the new addition.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
sactoshooter

Post by sactoshooter »

Just picked up a p-64 at local gun shop it was imported by C.I.A. I brought it home to clean all the cosmoline I've been reading about there wasn't much. Can't wait to go to the range and try it out!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum, give us a range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary