WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
Phoenixman

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Phoenixman »

Hi. I live in Phoenix, AZ. I live in the ghetto, and I needed a small pistol for everyday carry. I got a P-64 a few weeks ago at a gun show. It has a new recoil spring and a lighter mainspring, so shooting it isn't bad. Recoil is about the same as my full-size .40 S&W.
About me, I'm 32 years old, former military, now I'm a security guard. Lived in Phoenix metro area for 8 years now. Been shooting since I was 6 or so.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum bro.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jonbw

Post by jonbw »

Hi Everybody,
Just joined today after reading it over for the last few weeks and finally got a P-64 today while I was
picking up a Bulgarian Makarov. I have had a FEG PA-64 for close to 15 years or so and am fascinated with
these pistols and the 9x18 cartridge. My FEG still looks like new and never did shoot it much but plan to do some work on all three to get them up to date with some current fixes.

I have been looking at some of the newer 9mm types and cannot get excited about the block concept as they
all look alike and are boxy, wide and expensive. I just like smaller guns for some reason although I have had 44 mags on down over the years I still lean towards smaller types.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your thought here and maintaining this site as it is a great resource and I know the time it takes to maintain a site like this.

Jon from Ohio (near Dayton)
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Welcome, Jon from Ohio!!!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum and the Dark SIde John :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
polka

Post by polka »

Hello:

I'm Tom and I live in the northeast. I've been looking for a small pocket auto for some time and am getting ready to order the P64. It was the comments on accuracy that sold it. I've been reading through many of the threads on care & feeding and here's what I have -

Clean
Clean again
Clean some more
Oil
Cycle
Clean
Oil
Wipe down
Test fire w/ FMJ
Asses Fine tune Tweak
Start shooting like crazy!

:hi:

Your comments welcomed!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome polka!!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome bro.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
brumler

Post by brumler »

Not sure were to start! Has anyone had a problem with getting grips from Dennis? Ordered in Dec 11, they show as still processes in Budapest a month later and can get no response from Dennis. I processed mail before retirement and had the tracking checked, these grips have not touched US soil anD 30 days is way to long for this type of shipping. Would appreciate any input, like his gripps and would like to stay out of a conflict. :cry:
PD2
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by PD2 »

Hi all, I'm a retired Zookeeper and High School Art teacher. Picked up my first P64 today. Its a great gun. This board is the cause of it all-a wealth of info. Thanks to all.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Welcome welcome PD2!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
jonbw

Post by jonbw »

brumler wrote:Not sure were to start! Has anyone had a problem with getting grips from Dennis? Ordered in Dec 11, they show as still processes in Budapest a month later and can get no response from Dennis. I processed mail before retirement and had the tracking checked, these grips have not touched US soil anD 30 days is way to long for this type of shipping. Would appreciate any input, like his gripps and would like to stay out of a conflict. :cry:
You are definitely past due. I got one set I had ordered about second week in Jan.
He clearly states he is slow to read email so I would send him one every few days until
you hear from him. Get your return address showing in his email a lot and that may get
his attention. I think from all I have read about him he is good to deal with so more than
likely something fell through the crack one way or another.

The only email add. I have seen for him is on his website.

Jon
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes that is way too long if you still don't have them.

Got mine on the east coast in 6 days after he said they shipped.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
T.May

Post by T.May »

Hi Guys.

Well I did this all backwards. Purchased a 1976 P-64 yesterday at a LGS. I had no idea what it was except for the caliber. I came home and started investigating the gun on the internet to find out what I had bought and low and behold...I found this forum...what a treasure trove of info on this gun. This all happened in the course of the last 24 hours so I will take some time to read and digest the site before I start asking questions. Thanks to whomever started this forum and to everyone who has contributed to keeping it going.

I am a former Marine and an avid gun enthusiast. I shoot USPSA, collect pre war Colts, reload 5 different pistol calibers and have recently started doing my own gunsmithing on my 1911's and some of my CZ's. This looks like a gun that I will enjoy learning about and taking apart. You have to appreciate the internet when it comes to finding info like this. Thanks again for being here!!!! It made my purchase even more exciting.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum and you won't be dissappointed in your new addition.

If you like the Makarov round you should look into the Makarov, CZ82 and P83 options as an expansion of the 9x18 family.
Last edited by Curly1 on May 13th, 2012, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary