P64 cheap upgrades?

Info, pictures, advice...
prangr51

P64 cheap upgrades?

Post by prangr51 »

New p64 owner here and first off I have to say that I love it. I just swapped out the main spring with an 18# from Wolff and what a difference that makes! Anything cheap/free I can do to enhance the performance of this little gem?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P64 cheap upgrades?

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forums.

Changing the hammer spring lightens up the trigger pull if that's a concern for you. But it does make the single action a hair trigger.

Rubber grip slip on helps with the recoil, they run about $10 plus shipping.

There are some excellent vids posted here for tuning the safety if it's on the difficult side to engage.

Enjoy.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Some people substitute a bit of bicycle tire inner-tube that they cut to size for the rubber slip on grips. It's free if you've got a kid who bikes or can pick one up from a bicycle repair shop's trash.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
trailer-trash

Post by trailer-trash »

I put the hogue jr on mine...fits nice....was under 10 bucks shipped I believe..improves the handling immensely