Upstate South Carolina Gunshow

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I had not thought about posting this on the Forum, but after seeing the thread about the Philadelphia Gunshow, I need to plug my area!

If anyone is in the Greenville, SC area the weekend of 17 & 18 December, there is a SC Arms Collectors Show at the Palmetto Expo Center (next to the Greenville, SC downtown airport). If anyone needs direction, let me know.

I make the same offer to anyone from the Forum to buy them a beer after the show. I will be hard to miss at the show. I will have display tables of the WWII German MG42 machinegun. The easy way to notice me is the gun, and I will be in full German Uniform with hobnail boots! I will post a photo of the display and my ugly face after the show ends, just don't laugh too much at the "old" German Soldat, LOL!
erehwesle

Post by erehwesle »

I bet you'll be a sensation at the bar, the hobnail boots in particular!

I'd take you up on your offer, but I'll be in Philly that weekend. Maybe we'll get a weekend some time where our gun shows aren't in sync.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

erehwesle,

Yea, the hobnail boots are not going to be very easy to walk in either. They are great in the field, but smooth concrete floors are DANGEROUS, LOL. The good thing about them is they sure sound good!

I will probably get a few remarks for the uniform, but this display is an "impression" for the MG42 Gunner. If I get remarks, I usually just ignore them and they go away.