New Owner

Info, pictures, advice...
RebornInChrist

New Owner

Post by RebornInChrist »

Hi everyone. I finally purchased a P64 manufactured in 1973, after I fell in love with their looks and reviews sometime ago and boy do I love its function now!!
I've read much criticism about felt recoil and da trigger pull. First, I can honestly say I disagree about the recoil. I could shoot it for hours. However, the da trigger is unusable, but I think it can be a useful characteristic, just leave it off safe and cock the hammer back with the initial shot.
I know this has been covered before, but I just joined this site and wanted to introduce myself.

Blessings
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New Owner

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

There is a post on here about a discharge while not using the safety so do so at your own risk.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Welcome to the site! I know what you mean about the heavy DA trigger pull, but I have gotten used to mine. I can still hit my mark with mine, even with that heavy pull. Practice is the cure for the heavy DA pull, well at least it has been for me. Good luck and again, welcome.
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
RebornInChrist

Post by RebornInChrist »

Thanks for the replies and thanks for the welcome.
Huff

Post by Huff »

My DA is totally unusable!! I have a 17lb hammer spring on the way but I don't think it will help. I am happy now to use only SA. Mine is so hard I believe it would break the trigger bar if I used it much.
huff
Huff

Post by Huff »

By the way I carry mine safety off. It would be necessary for the hammer to cock itself to get an errant discharge.
huff
badgerjfr

Post by badgerjfr »

welcome to the site. yes the DA is one of if not the toughest ive ever shot. to be honest i don't mind. ive got big strong hands and it doesn't seem to be a problem for me. now if i got a p-64 for my wife(i might her birthday is coming up), i would replace the springs. it's all your preference. for me it's like an extra safety feature on the gun. i love these little things.
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)