My P-83

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Birds Away

My P-83

Post by Birds Away »

This is my new to me P-83. I picked it up from my LGS on Saturday. I bought it from Dalvar USA. So far, I love it. Fits in well with my small Eastern European collection.

beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: My P-83

Post by beasleydano »

I had a pristine American Eagle Edition that Dalvar imported several years ago, before the surplus imports of the last couple of years, it was so nice & no parts around so I was afraid to shoot it much, finally sold it to a collector. I finally got a surplus military P83 like yours from Dalvar & it's a good shooter. And unlike the P64, no spring changes necessary.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Does Dalvar have a webpage? Or do you at least have some good contact if for them?

Weasel
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

Weasel640 wrote:Does Dalvar have a webpage? Or do you at least have some good contact if for them?

Weasel
I do not think that he has a website anymore. Tadeusz "Tad" Dawidowicz, in Kingsland, TX, e-mail: dalvar_usa@juno.com, phone: (325) 388-5646. By the way, he has a nice one listed on Auction Arms now. Coincidentally, my FFL guy & friend is called Weasel (Weasel's Gun & Pawn, Nesbit, MS).
Birds Away

Post by Birds Away »

Tad also has a nice P-83 on gunbroker.
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Man Birds Away, you are lucky! I would love to get one of those to go with my P-64's. It looks like it would fit my larger hands better than my P-64's do.
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Yeah, I have a thing for Makarov cal firearms so this angular looking beast is on my short list.

Always more "wants" than $$$ to pair them too. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Birds Away

Post by Birds Away »

lklawson wrote:Yeah, I have a thing for Makarov cal firearms so this angular looking beast is on my short list.

Always more "wants" than $$$ to pair them too. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I own a P-64, a CZ 82, a Bulgarian Makarov and the P-83. For "shootablility" I would rate the CZ number one and the P-83 a close second. Both feel very good in the hand. I am selling my Bulgie. Although fit and finish may be better, it does not compare to the P-83 in any other area. Love the P-83.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

I love my P-83! Feels a little better in my hands than my Maks.

beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

My favorite trio of 9x18 shooters- Bulgarian Makarov, Wanad P83 & CZ82. It would be hard to decide which one I like best.
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

beasleydano wrote:My favorite trio of 9x18 shooters- Bulgarian Makarov, Wanad P83 & CZ82. It would be hard to decide which one I like best.
Add a P-64. It will not make the decision any easier.

Nice looking trio.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I like P64s too & FEG PA-63s & SMC-918s, all good carry guns but to me they're not as fun to shoot as the larger & heavier Makarov, P83 & CZ82. It's an addiction.
newto9x18
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by newto9x18 »

It's so easy to get the 9x18 Makarov bug. I started with a P64, then a P83, then a well-cared-for EG Makarov. Now I'm adding a Bulgarian Makarov, since some fresh surplus stock came into the US. Always on the prowl for another P64 at the gunshows. Love 'em all.
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

I'm so excited to pick up my 83 later in the week! They really do look like they may be more comfortable to shoot/hold than a Mak. I might have to wait till a late April gun show to test it out though. Nobody carries 9x18 around here(Green Bay) except for Gander Mt. which charges 20 or 25 a box, and even these guys say they're gonna stop stocking it. Back in Lakewood WA they charged $10 a box. I will probly break down and pick one up though.

newto9x18 care to share your source on them maks? Looking for a nice one that won't break the bank.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

DoubleTap wrote:I love my P-83! Feels a little better in my hands than my Maks.

Gah!

Stop it! You're kill'n me!

I already have 3-4 guns ahead of it on my my list but the more P-83 pics you guys throw up, the worse off I am!

Will my Mak cal addiction ever find a end?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4010
lklawson wrote:Starting at 12:00

Imez IJ70-18AH, P64, CZ-82, PA-63, Norinco Mod. 59

Now I just need to get a P83 and find some way to get a FORT-12 ;)
Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."