Springs-Stand By

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
p64

Springs-Stand By

Post by p64 »

I contacted Wolf Springs and just received a reply, this is a paste of their reply to my email:

George
Recoil and hammer springs are in the works. Stand by.
fd4887

Springs-Stand By

Post by fd4887 »

I guess I am giving up on Wolf coming our with a new recoil spring. I removed my 18# Wolf and installed my original trigger spring back in due to the magazine ejecting after a couple of rounds. I guess I will have to plan on only shooting it single action on the first shot.
jbailey

Springs-Stand By

Post by jbailey »

You shouldn't have to give up your 'improved' trigger. Look carefully at the catch/bump on the rear of the magazine and the hook on the front of the release. If they are sharp/crisp, and perhaps stoned/filed slightly negative (angled such that they pull together tightly), your mags should stay in. Are you shooting a 'heavy/hot' load that is driving the recoil spring into full compression and giving the frame a serious whack by the slide? Let us know what you find.
fd4887

Springs-Stand By

Post by fd4887 »

So far I have only shot Wolf 100 gr. and some Winchester 95 gr. with the same result. I will take a look at the mags & release tonight to see if everthing is ok. After reinstalling the original spring the mag does not auto-eject.
mongo

Springs-Stand By

Post by mongo »

meh.
pshootr

Springs-Stand By

Post by pshootr »

I put in a Wolff 18# hammer spring and a 25# H&K P-7 recoil spring Fri. and went to the range Sun. pm. Had a few light strikes with russkie ammo on very slow double action trigger pulls on the first hit. Always went bang when I pulled the trigger a second time. Will try again tonight and pull the trigger thru quickly and see what happens. BTW, I fired 25 rounds d/a 1st shot, then s/a and 25 d/a, decocking after each shot. I get smaller groups in d/a mode, mainly due to shooting Kel-Tecs a lot and S&W Mod 65 converted to dao. No mag release troubles and much reduced recoil with 25# recoil spring. On way to range stopped at gun show in Deland, Florida. Quite a few P-64s there, both hammer styles. One dealer had a Hungarian PPK clone, I forget the model, exactly the same size as a P-64. I was amazed at how light the d/a trigger pull was, felt like about 1/3 the pull of a stock P-64. Also noticed that there is a very considerable difference in d/a triggers from one P-64 to another. Some are fair, others are awful. On another note, 1st time I shot 120gr Silver Bear ammo the take down pin backed half way out after just two rounds. This time, with the 25# recoil spring, there were no such problems.