What pound pull is a "fixed" P-64 DA trigger?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
feste79

What pound pull is a "fixed" P-64 DA trigger?

Post by feste79 »

Hi Everyone,

I currently do not own a P-64, but I think I'd like one. I do have one for those who have put in the Wolf 17# or 18# springs. Have any of you tested to see whether the trigger goes from 27# to 15 or 10 or 5? I don't have the opportunity to test one that has been fixed, but I do have other guns with various trigger pulls to compare, depending on what you tell me. I'm hoping that my wife could use it, but the trigger pull question does arise.

Thanks for any info.
Seth
Rye

Re: What pound pull is a "fixed" P-64 DA trigger?

Post by Rye »

I just got mine and I'm affraid I can't give you a number. In the past I have been able to use a postal scale and a lever and get a pretty good reading. For the P64, I'd say the orignal pull is somewhere between "this thing must be broken" and "you've got to be kidding me". I hope my 17# spring arrives soon.
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Hey Rye, Love the way your vocal pound-a-meter describes the P-64's stock double action!!!!!!
Welcome, thanks for the humor.
Now when you change the springs you will be saying the same thing about the very nice single action.
trailer-trash

Post by trailer-trash »

uhm I will say that...I bought a p64 for my wife a few weeks ago..in stock formation she had to use two fingers to pull it in DA.

After a two week wait I finally got the 18# spring in the mail a couple of days ago. Wow what a difference. It went from "honey I cant shoot this thing" to "damn thats nice" haha

they say "happy wife..happy life"
KCSO

Post by KCSO »

My test bed for these is 2 8" long 2x2 pieces with a 1/2" hole in the end of each. I put a 1/2" dowell through the hole of one through the triggerguard and into the other and press down on a bathroom scale. The 1/2" dowell is close to finger size and you get a better double action reading than trying to pull back a flimsy trigger pulll gauge. Mine went from 22 pounds to 16 pounds after the new spring was installed.