Custom made Kydex P64 holsters and gear.

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
zak

Custom made Kydex P64 holsters and gear.

Post by zak »

Hi all, I joined this place when I got my P64 and Got a lot of good information from here. I recently started making my own custom holsters, mag pouchs light carriers, and just about anything else you could want out of kydex. The first thing I though of was this place.

If you guys would give me a few examples of what you would like to see, I'll make up a few holsters and post them up for you guys to check out. They will be very reasonably priced and guaranteed for life. The only thing I really cant do a the moment is an Ankle holster. I have some of my own Ideas I'm going to wip up but I would like to hear what you guys would like to see as well. I can also do holsters or mag pouches or knife sheaths, just about anything you guys want as long as I have access to a mold.

But the search for "what gun holster will fit my P64 may just well be over. tell me what you guys want the holster to do and I will make it.

Look forward to hearing what you guys think. Also just incase anyone wants to contact me for any reason my email is evagues@gmail.com
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Custom made Kydex P64 holsters and gear.

Post by juniustaylor »

Welcome!
Kydex may just work with ankle holsters. I made my ankle holster out of leather. Here is a picture of it.

You could do just about the same thing, I would have to think about how to go about fitting all the pieces together without too much waste which keeps prices low. I too have thought of getting into the Kydex scene. Not really for gun holsters but mostly for knife sheaths. Either making the actual sheath of Kydex, or making an insert out of Kydex which would be sewn into leather to keep the blade from cutting the stitches and not have to use a small strip of leather in the middle.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
zak

Post by zak »

I just haven't figured out an ankle strap yet. But if you want to get into kydex and need some help or want to make leather sheathes and have me make you the inserts I would be happy to help either way. There's plenty or market out there, no reason to be greedy. But I'm hoping to turn this into a small side business with maybe a small web store one day. I figure I can off standard and custom holster and mag holder plus a few other gear related items. I may even look into what I would need legally to do ak and hk kit builds and saiga conversion legally for other people. I know its legal to do your own, I'm just not sure about doing them for other people. weather or not that would make me a manufacturer ya know.
zak

Post by zak »

but what are you guys more interested? IWB, OWB, pocket/purse, a dedicated small of the back set up.... tell me what ya want and Ill make it happen.
nsnutter

Post by nsnutter »

Id be interested to see what you could do with an iwb setup and/or an owb with a slight forward can't! I have a fitted nylon iwb holster for mine but id rather have kydex for a little added retention...
wildbilly43

Post by wildbilly43 »

Pancake that covers the entire slide. I have a Barsoney that I carry my CZ82 in and don't really like it. I find their leather pancake style holster not stiff enough (as mentioned in another thread). The end of the gun protrudes out of the leather also. I'm always bumping into things and want to make sure my slide/barrel is protected. I normally carry my P64 IWB in one of the nylon holsters that the guy from Thailand was selling a year or so ago. I like that one really well for IWB but when it comes to knocking around on the farm, I prefer to carry OWB.
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

zak wrote:but what are you guys more interested? IWB, OWB, pocket/purse, a dedicated small of the back set up.... tell me what ya want and Ill make it happen.
I'd like to see a IWB and a dedicated small of the back setup. If you can make an IWB that doesn't use a clip I'd like that. I currently use an Uncle Mikes IWB size#1. I like it, but the clip is annoying. The holster either won't stay put when you move around, or the clip snags on stuff.

I've heard talk about interest in these types of holster with a thumb break. That may be cool, especially if it's removable. Slide and barrel coverage are a must have for me.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
zak

Post by zak »

sorry guys been sick for a few days but ill get to work and get back to you guys
mike1050
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by mike1050 »

I'd like to see one in IWB.
zak

Post by zak »

OK guys here some stuff. I'm still new to this but I'm getting it pretty quick. Just look at the diff between the p64 holster that was my first and the starts of my new kimber rig. I'm going to try to get a IWB done for a P64 tomorrow.
here's my mag holder still needs its belt loop bent down and I gotta give her the once over with the file, sand paper, and the buffer to clean everything up and remove any sharp corners/edges. You can see the marks on the bottom where I'm going to round it off.
the long piece will be the belt loop. It will be bent down, then hooked up and glued. that way if the glue were fail it will still hook the bent loop. The retention is very good and it hides well, looks like a multi tool

here is the Beginning of a cross breed style holster for my kimber. Gotta trim it, clean it, cut my leather and make the belt loops. how awesome is the detail on that one? I'm gonna loose some of it when I hit it with the heat gun to loosen it up, otherwise itl never come out of the holster lol. I hope to have it done tomorrow.

here's my first attempt, holster for my P64, you can tell its my first, I learned a whole lot since then. It works well though, rides high outside the belt or low inside depending on the belt loops I use. They bolt into the rivet holes. Unfortunately when I ordered all they had was brass rivets, I have some brass black though.

Ill have some more pic tomorrow.But tell me what ya think? the single mag holders will be 25 bucks shipped, doubles will be 45 shipped and the will be sorta like these, only better. http://www.ravenconcealment.com/modular ... g-carriers

Also everything can be made in variety of colors, including clear, camo and carbon fiber pattern. I still need a drill press and disk sander. I can live with out them but it will make it easier.

But what do you guys think? Insult me, tell me it looks like crap, let me know what ya think.

but my IWBs for the P64 will be kind of like the one I made, only with more definition, a higher back that covers the whole gun and protects it from the body and coves the safety. The front panel will be cut to allow for easier access and they will come with J hooks that go over the pants, behind the belt and hook on the bottom of the belt about a 1/4inch up. It will allow for tucking a shirt so all that shows will be 2 1/4 inch tabs on the bottom of the belt. The J hooks bolt through the rivet holes and each one will also include a set of belt loops of the size of you choice that bolt to the back so it can be worn OWB. All in the color of your choice. I can Also make matching mag, light and knife sheaths, so you can have a whole matching everyday carry set. Now the million dollar question is. What would you guys be willing to pay for a set up like this? The mag holders are easy to price but I'm really not sure what to charge for the holsters. I need to make money but I want to be as fair as possible. My cross breed style holsters will be priced comparably and probably a little cheaper then theirs. Minus the 2 month wait. There will be a P64 member discount(5 bucks), also 10 bucks off of holsters for LEO, MIL(active, reserve, guard, retired or even fresh out after 4 years, If you served you save) firefighters, EMT and just about any other public servant. 10 bucks on a holster and 5 on a mag holder. You can only use your P64 and the one public servant discount though (15 bucks total.) If your a reserve, firefighter, emt p64 member, you don't save 35 bucks, sorry lol.

I don't plan to do thumb breaks simply because you don't need them really. These holsters will me molded off of my P64 which should be the same as yours, but of you want more or less retention you can take a heat gun to it and either loosen up some of he pinch points or tighten them. The trigger guard is a good place to do this.

Now lets talk about small of the back, I'm thinking IWB with a loop on either side of the rear belt loop with almost a 45* cant. sort of a left handed holster with a reverse cant for right handed shooters and vice versa. if that makes any type of sense lol. I may just have to make one to show what I'm talking about. I'm open to suggestions though.

also, does anyone have an extra mag they would be willing to trade for a free single mag carrier? I only have one and I need 2 to mold double mag carriers. so if someone sends me one I will make you a free single mag carrier in return.

I've often thought about making a cargo pocket holster too. Basically just a flat holster that fills the cargo pocket and keeps the gun put. you send me rough dimensions of your favorite cargo pocket and I make it a bit over sized and you trim it to fit your pocket exactly.

and finally, at the moment I can make holsters for the following other guns, Ill update as I get more real or blue guns.
1911 with or with out rail.
beretta 92fs
ruger sp101
ruger super black hawk(who doesn't need a tactical single action holster)
HK usp 45 compact with or with out UTL
ruger P345
Glock 30
Glock 26/27
walther P38
and if there is something else someone wants, ask, Ill try to find a buddy with the gun. Or if your willing to buy me the blue gun to keep Ill cut you a hell of a deal.

If you want a special mag holder you can send me the mags Ill make the holder and send em back with the holder.

Once I get caught up I'm gonna do some cool stuff with AR, G3 and other rifle mags and some other tactical gear.

If you are a deploying soldier and you have something custom you want made let me know, I will be happy to help a fellow vet get set up.

Bug out gear is coming soon too.
zak

Post by zak »

Not sure if I said it earlier, no returns unless I send you the wrong Item or I do something stupid (I was wrong once back in 97, I thought I had made a mistake) because they are all custom jobs, although if I have another buyer for it I guess I will(I'm pretty flexible and easy going if you can't tell by now...BUT all work is guaranteed for ever. If it breaks, I'll fix it or replace it to your liking. That includes breakage, hardware failure ect.. even if it just plain wears out. I'm building these to last for ever and they shouldn't wear out. I take pride in my work so if something happens I will fix it. This doesn't include cosmetic damages a scratched holster works just fine, even adds character. But a broken rivet or belt loop doesn't work and that I will fix free of charge.

Remember though, your sticking your gun in hard plastic. There will be finish wear just like any other hard plastic holster, I am not responsible for that. I will do everything I can to make sure the insides are as gun friendly as possible but wear still will occur, I'm not re-bluing guns lol