A great holster for your P64

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Docmow1

A great holster for your P64

Post by Docmow1 »

After reading information on the board and looking extensively online and at my local gun store, I finally decided to order a Barsony IWB holster made for a PPK. I actually found it on EBAY and ordered the brown leather with light brown stitching and metal belt clip. I have been warned about metal clip holsters being too flimsy and pulling from your belt in a time of need. This is not the case with this holster. The clip is extra heavy duty. The fit is perfect. It arrived in 4 days from the manufacturer in Oregon (I like that it is made in the USA!). I immediately put it on and wore it the rest of the day. It was very comfortable! Cost is about $27.00 shipping included. I highly recommend this holster for your P64!
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." -Unknown
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: A great holster for your P64

Post by juniustaylor »

Thanks for the review and welcome to the board!!!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

I ordered one of these last Thursday. It came in yesterday. It does fit the P-64 very good. My only complaint would be that it is not stiif enough for me. It seemed somewhat difficult to re-holster after the draw. It wasn't impossible, but it is nowhere as easy as my Galco that I have for my Makarov.

I do agree that it is comfortable. I'm not sure how good retention would be if you had to run or were having to wrestle somebody while wearing it.

Not really a b**ch, just my observations.
nsnutter

Post by nsnutter »

Just out of curiosity in what situation would you really require a "quick reholster"? If I'm forced to draw my weapon in a defensive situation, it's going to stay unholstered until the threats have been eliminated. If I remove my weapon to stow it before I go into a "guns banned" environment (such as a mall or gov't building) the holster and weapon will go in my glove box or lock box...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

nsnutter wrote:Just out of curiosity in what situation would you really require a "quick reholster"? If I'm forced to draw my weapon in a defensive situation, it's going to stay unholstered until the threats have been eliminated. If I remove my weapon to stow it before I go into a "guns banned" environment (such as a mall or gov't building) the holster and weapon will go in my glove box or lock box...
LEO's require the need to reholster, as well as those that practice some defensive drills.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

nsnutter wrote:Just out of curiosity in what situation would you really require a "quick reholster"? If I'm forced to draw my weapon in a defensive situation, it's going to stay unholstered until the threats have been eliminated. If I remove my weapon to stow it before I go into a "guns banned" environment (such as a mall or gov't building) the holster and weapon will go in my glove box or lock box...
There are many places that a CC person may go in his daily life which may require disarming and then, later, rearming. Here in Ohio, Day Cares, school grounds, Government buildings, and any "posted" properties are no-carry zones and require a CC to disarm before entering. When rearming it is best to be able to do so as quickly and discretely as is safe.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
nsnutter

Post by nsnutter »

lklawson wrote:
There are many places that a CC person may go in his daily life which may require disarming and then, later, rearming. Here in Ohio, Day Cares, school grounds, Government buildings, and any "posted" properties are no-carry zones and require a CC to disarm before entering. When rearming it is best to be able to do so as quickly and discretely as is safe.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Thanks Kirk, that's what I meant by stowing my pistol in a lockbox in my vehicle upon entering "no gun" zones (such as those you listed). When that situation is encountered, the pistol and holster are removed as one unit and stowed - I have no interest in carrying an empty holster around. I can sort of understand the desirability of a quick reholster for LEO - however most of them (not all) open carry, and when I run drills I could care less how long it takes to reholster the weapon - id rather focus on the stuff id do in a deadly situation (ie. Cleanly present my weapon and send some well placed shots downrange). To each their own though - thanks for your insight guys!
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

nsnutter wrote:When that situation is encountered, the pistol and holster are removed as one unit and stowed - I have no interest in carrying an empty holster around
Tuckable holsters are a PITA to remove and reset. Reholstering is already a pain with them.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
superferrite

Post by superferrite »

Ordered one of these yesterday. I'll chime in when I get it.
My CC experience is limited to carrying my Makarov at work. It was just a bit too bulky, and this is exactly why I got a P-64 in the first place.

Even living in AZ, it does not appeal to me to open carry in most urban circumstances. When I go out of town, the Makarov is always with me.
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

"quick reholster" is your choice of words, not mine. I said that it was difficult to re-holster. As in difficult because the holster for the most part collapses between my pants and my body. The IWB holster for my Makarov and my Glock 26 are rigid and do not collapse as this holster does. Both of these weapons are much easier to re-holster than my P-64.

As others have said, I remove my handgun's from my holster when going into federal buildings or inside school buildings etc.