A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Info, pictures, advice...
b52stan

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by b52stan »

Dick,
Found this at Keep Shooting. It's a real 8 shot Makarov made in Poland. $179.95, and free shipping. Maybe we could make an exception to check this out since it's Polish!
Stan

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearms/ha ... pistol.htm
novgarod

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by novgarod »

Strange that the vendor does not show a picture of the "Polish symbols or ID" on the slide for our authentication; gentlemen, we need proof! Maybe the border guards exchanged pistols on holidays? Are we having fun yet?
vinnie

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by vinnie »

Somebody should order one from them. I called and they insisted that they were 8 shot mags AND that they had 2 sets of grips.
fjblackesq

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by fjblackesq »

the guys at "keepshootin' " are confused. he shows what is a "bulgarian" not a P-64. I have both and the pictures he shows give the real/rest of the story. no doubt unintentional?????
b52stan

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by b52stan »

I called Keep Shooting, and it was a FALSE ALARM. They screwed up their ad and are really selling P-64's for $179.95.

Sorry, but the ad got my heart pumpin'. Guess there isn't a real Polish MAK.
vinnie

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by vinnie »

Yes but do they have 8 round mags?
novgarod

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by novgarod »

Here is an opportunity to share some humorous bantering about the Polish Maks that really aren't.

Yes, they have an 8 round mag if you fill it completely and then lay one round on the follower. Yes, they are genuine Polish Maks because my cousin Vinny carried them across Poland in his trunk on his way to Bulgaria. Come on, guys, some people will say anything to make a buck!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by dfunk »

So true! They messed up their ad really bad - and I for one think it was very intentional.
fjblackesq

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by fjblackesq »

This whole matter is just another good reason for this kind of forum for the P-64. Many would know that something was phoney, but there would be many others that would fall for such a twisted ad. Pass the word about this kind of behavior ie: print a copy of these posts and ask your local gun dealer if you can post it on the board in his shop. fjb
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

A REAL POLISH MAKAROV!

Post by abwehr »

I have learned over my many years of "playing" with firearms, that most dealers are not gun collectors; they are merchants making a living, that like firearms. With all the misinformation about the P-53 being a Polish Makarov, I can understand the confusion.

A good example is my local gun shop I deal with. The ownder asked me one day about a Luger rig he recently purchased. He said it was the nicest one he had ever seen and wanted me to tell him more about it; OK, no problem. He brought out this average condition holster and said this pistol was all matching with two matching magazines. I was really excited about this! As soon as he pulled this pistol out of the holster, it appeared to be immaculate! The first thing I noticed was the date, a 1939, but the trigger and safety were the wrong color. Next, I could tell very quickly it had been refinished, but a very professional job. Upon closer inspection, I confirmed it was indeed a refinished pistol from the polishing marks that were not on factory Lugers. He asked me the value and I told him it was refinished and this drastically reduced the value to a collector. I stated it was worth about $1100, the holster about $175 and add $250 for the matching magazines. The look on his face was not very good! he never told me what he paid for it, but I thik he had got taken because he did not know it had been refinished. I told him if it had not been refinished, the rig would have been worth about $2500-2800. So, this showed me that he can deal with new items and the popular Mil-Surp weapons because they are purchased from importers and dealers and the prices are reasonably set for purchase. When it comes to the more "unknown" weapons, they just don't know.