Finally finished my AK

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
Rvulcan500

Finally finished my AK

Post by Rvulcan500 »

It took alittle bit but it is finished. I bought my WASR "new" from my favorite gunshop. It had some problems from the beginning. The bayonet lug was not cut right I had to do alot of filing. The stock was very poor fit. The stock was actually in rough shape. There also were a few other issues as well.
I got it to fix and give me something to do.
Here is some of what I did, I put a new stock set from TimberSmith. I used their brown laminate, which was fantastic. I touched up the metal with Brownells 44/40 creme (I love that stuff). Got a bayonet and mags that were not trash like the ones supplied by CAI. The mags I received from CAI were dented big time. I also added a 6X42 Posp scope. It was much bigger than what I wanted buy but it is very good. The rifle shoots great and I'm very satified the was it came out.
Thanks
Ric
" Got a big suspicion about ammuntion, I never forget to duck......" - Jimmy Buffett
Byrd

Re: Finally finished my AK

Post by Byrd »

Sweet! You did a good job on that AK. Century builds are famous for having to be "tweaked" but it looks like it was worth the effort.
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

nice looking ak. you did a good job.
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Since you showed me yours, I will show you mine :lol: This is a 922 compliant MAK90 with Ironwood Designs walnut stocks, Tapco trigger group & SAW grip. I got it in a trade for an FEG Hi Power, and never did like it in the politically correct thumbhole stock, so I made a "real" AK out of it. I even threaded the barrel for a flash hider.
Attachments
Mak #4.jpg
Rvulcan500

Post by Rvulcan500 »

Byrd,
Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Ric
" Got a big suspicion about ammuntion, I never forget to duck......" - Jimmy Buffett
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

As is yours, Ric! You did a good job on that WASR. I wish I could put a bayonet on mine, but I didn't want to go to that much effort!
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

I just counted 28 Saiga's. All converted and restored back to the way Kalishnikov intended them. Hog killing son of a guns. Here are a few in the closet off the master bedroom.
Left to right 5.56/5.56 (both with AR15 adapters) .308 with CSS 20 round mag the rest are 7.62X39.
I then have two safes full of Saiga's :) Love me some Saiga's. You should see the ammo bunker!
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Cool pic Sarge! I always laugh when you see on the news that someone was arrested and he had 4 guns and 200 rounds of ammunition, like that was a lot! Speaking of killing hogs, a couple of years ago the public hunting land around here was infested with wild hogs, and they grought in the National Guard & helicopters to destroy them, the hunters were upset!
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

The liberal media is a) stupid b) biased c) trying to sell newspapers/commercials d) followed the lead of National Enquirer

If a guy killed somebody and they broke his door down and found 4000 salt and pepper shakers do you think they would "sensationalize" it? Let em find 4000 AK47's. Both perfectly legal to have......

I "rent" my ranch to city folks who want to shoot a hog. Provide them a gun to do it. You would not believe how many just mainly shoot the Mosins and the AK's....take each others pictures and stuff. The Mosin Nagants are the big hits....I keep the bayonets on them and folks just go nuts over them.

Now many come here to kill hogs.....and the Saiga's are the choice hands down. I have seen city housewives drop a 200lb bore @100 yards with a Saiga .308 and a red dot scope on it.

We kill around 200 hogs a year. Bury 'em in a big hole....then cover it up. Nasty bastards.