The Polish Wanad P-83

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
electro6

The Polish Wanad P-83

Post by electro6 »

A new section for the P-83 Wanad would be a great idea. There seems to have been a great deal of interest since J&G Sales started selling them. When I get my second P-83 in this week, I will post a couple of pictures of them. :)
hangfire

The Polish Wanad P-83

Post by hangfire »

dickfunk, according to one source http://guns4u.info/?cat=146 the P-83 dbl. action pull is 11-13.5 lbs. I don't have a trigger scale to confirm that, however the DA on my new P-83 feels a bit heavier, more like 15. I would guesstimate SA is @ 6-7 lbs.

I like the idea of adding a P-83 section to the board. With J&G offering them for sale and other vendors sure to follow there will be a sizeable constituency for this gun before very long.
markyzz

Re: The Polish Wanad P-83

Post by markyzz »

blackblade wrote:I liked the first one so much that I added a couple more to the collection.

This is cool. I just collect 4 guns now maybe I'll post them soon.
They say fingers were made before forks, and hands before police baton.

-"markyzzykram"-
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

dfunk wrote:or for US comparison...
Weight unloaded: 25.75 oz
Length: 6.5"
Bbl length: 3.54"

Anyone measure the trigger pull with a scale yet? Also, should we create a new section for the P83?
trigger on my wanads feel very similar to my makarov. so, much better DA pull than a p64, much worse SA pull.
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

oppy wrote:Can anyone elaborate on the build quality of the P83? I have read that parts are stamped with welds. Implicit in the comments I have read elsewhere is that, while an improvement over the P64, is is of lesser quality.

I really like my P64, so it is not as if my standards are unreasonably high. I just want to make sure I buy decent quality...
eh, i think the P83 feels sort of like a chintzy version of a makarov, and handles and shoots very similarly. what's greatly improved over the p64 is the DA trigger and how it handles recoil.

they're neat little guns, but for any practical purpose other than having fun at the range and adding to a collection, i think a mak is better.
Hdig72sfanslinmt

Post by Hdig72sfanslinmt »

I would like to see more info on the P-83, I have a 1991 mod and love it. The weapon is made from steel plate and wedments, It shoots great , like it better then my three Maks a Russian PM, An IJ70 380 in SS, and a russian HC 12 rounder. No one seems to have an owners manual, there is a parts list and Schematic available.. Over all I would rate it up there with the P-64 , P-63 , Russian and Bulgi Maks .. Also it fits nicely in a Rays Holsters MAK holster or a KEL-TEC
doggit

Post by doggit »

thinking bout getting one next month
dwd36

Post by dwd36 »

p83.jpg
p83.jpg (3.86 KiB) Viewed 13838 times
I bought a p83 today. it will be next week before it gets here. Can't wait to see how it is.
dwd36

Post by dwd36 »

I hope I like these, I just bought another one and the first one hasn't even gotten here yet.
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Hell....how can you go wrong? More guns is like more sex. You win :)
dwd36

Post by dwd36 »

Sarge,
I like the way you think.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes you can never have enough of either.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dwd36

Post by dwd36 »

Well, I got them home and gave them a bath. (it always amazes me how dirty a gun can be when you buy it. Why don't they clean it before they sell it?)
One has a noticeably better trigger than the other, smoother. Why???
Maybe I can get them out and shoot them this this weekend. The weather is going to be crappy though.
petesimon

Post by petesimon »

gunneyrabbit wrote:Are there any specs available, weight of the pistol, barrel length, number of rounds and so forth? G.R.
Yes. Here in the forums
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5407#p50487

or in a manual I compiled (PDF)
http://goo.gl/QgGpIu

or on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-83_Wanad

The 9x18 ammo specs are also quite neato!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9x18mm_Makarov
dfunk wrote:Anyone measure the trigger pull with a scale yet? Also, should we create a new section for the P83?
I did not measure this myself, but here is a figure: 50 N (Newton Meters), or 36.9 ft lbf (foot pounds), or 11 lb (pounds). and Yes, please create a P-83 section.

Thanks y'all for a good pistol forum.