Need a new decoker/safety

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
stover

Re: Need a new decoker/safety

Post by stover »

I worked on satcom/wide-band radio. We R2ed radio stuff too, and occasionally K-Balled another radio to do it.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Usually we did R2 stuff, but if it wasn't available we had to cann it from another aircraft. Must be the same as your K-ball (cannibalized). :)
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
peewee102

Post by peewee102 »

stover wrote:I worked on satcom/wide-band radio. We R2ed radio stuff too, and occasionally K-Balled another radio to do it.
K-balling was for Comm-Nav troops and the active duty, not Radar troops and the Guard! Just kidding, we did K-balling too. That sounds dirty!
stover

Post by stover »

My favorite repair action was "reset drawer." That meant a generally frustrated trooper had pulled a drawer of sensitive radio equipment out and slammed it back into the rack. Resulting in it magically working again - at least for a little while.
irishbob979

Post by irishbob979 »

"R2" - "Bubble Chaser"????

You Air Force guys - nothin' but a bunch of Twidgets and Feather Merchants. But I will admit you have nice golf courses.

Irish Bob
USN (Retired)
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Ahahahahahaha!!! The golf course that was on McConnell AFB, Kansas was a big joke. Terrible looking course. I don't play golf, never had the inclination to play. However, a lot of my good friends said it was a sucky course. Thanks for your service Bob!
peewee102

Post by peewee102 »

juniustaylor wrote:Ahahahahahaha!!! The golf course that was on McConnell AFB, Kansas was a big joke. Terrible looking course. I don't play golf, never had the inclination to play. However, a lot of my good friends said it was a sucky course. Thanks for your service Bob!
It's shut down. I'm in the Air Guard at McConnell! Funny how this thread brought up my base!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I think it shut down shortly before I left the base. I left AD Air Force Sept 2010 to go back to civilian life after 6 years. Figured it was enough flightline action for me at the 22 AMXS. Interesting that you're at McConnell. We probably crossed paths and didn't realize it. It truly is a small world.
irishbob979

Post by irishbob979 »

No one has a right to complain about a military golf course unless you played the course in GITMO. It was like playing on the surface of the moon AND you had to bring your own grass for the fairway shots. If you didn't have your own grass you could buy an Astroturf door mat at the pro shop.
beesouth

Post by beesouth »

I know this is probably incorrect Newbie protocol, but I can't help it....

U.S. Air Force Carrier One:

U.S. Navy
Avionics
F4-J/N
beesouth

Post by beesouth »

juniustaylor wrote:
The inflator needle seems to work good. I think most anything with a small hole in the end would work good... You could probably take a punch of a small diameter and divot a hole in the end of it to hold the pointed tip of the detent. That certainly helps.
A trim nailset from Home Depot sounds like a good tool to use....it's like a punch, heavy enough to provide pushing power, pencil shaped to get into tight spots, and has a cupped tip which should surround the detent pin....plus you can set nails with it ;)...