Went to the range!

Info, pictures, advice...
45fanatic

Went to the range!

Post by 45fanatic »

I finally recieved my springs & ammo from Midway. I had to order a set of PPK springs, cut a few coils & installed (thanks to instructions from P-64 site). The double action pull is not the greatest but single is awesome, very light. Went through 50 rds of Blazer, a few malfunctions which seem to have worked through. This is a nice weapon, quite accurate! I could use a better ammo supply? All in all, glad I picked this one up.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Went to the range!

Post by abwehr »

45fanatic,

I have not shot any yet as my supply arrives today, the 93 gr. Polish 9mm Mak ammo looks like the best deal going at $6.50/box of 50 rds. This is the bullet weight the P-64 shoots best. The recoil is less and from what the other guys have said is a pleasure to shoot.

It also seems the guys on the Makarov Forum appear to be buying this ammo too. It appears the Makarov guys like to shoot it in their pistols. Here is a link to the page: http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy ... karov.html
gunut

Went to the range!

Post by gunut »

Picked two boxes of German ammo this week at a gun show. $6.50 / box. Looks to be surplus. Dated 1993. Gave one box to a buddy so we will see how it works in two different P-64s. Looks a little crusty but they are brass shells. Will give full report when we try it out. Not sure how available this stuff will be. The vendor at the show had a bunch.