FEG .380

Info, pictures, advice...
jak47

FEG .380

Post by jak47 »

LOVE my P-64 but was wondering what it would be like if it came in .380.

Well, I picked up a FEG today for $160 out the door and will find out when I go to the range. It is slightly smaller than the P-64 but VERY similar overall.

Later,
jAK-47

abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

FEG .380

Post by abwehr »

Is the FEG all steel? How is the quality of fit and finish?
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

FEG .380

Post by himmel »

Looks interesting--looking forward to the FU...
candrnut

FEG .380

Post by candrnut »

I think that you will like it. I bought an FEG SMC-918 (9x18 Makarov) years ago that is mint. That is how I stumbled onto the P-64 site. I got it out one night and was searching the web for info and found this site. Anyhow, the FEG is well built and well balanced I believe.
bankerbilly

FEG .380

Post by bankerbilly »

I think you're gonna like your new FEG ! !

I've got two of these little gems -- a R-61 in 380 ACP caliber and a RK-59 in 9 Mak caliber. Both have a blued steel slide and a "natural" alloy frame.

Found the R-61 at a toy show about a year ago and then found the RK-59 about a month later. I've even carried the RK-59 as my itty-bitty back-up gun now and then.

Both have been 100% reliable with both HP's and FMJ ammo -- mostly the "bear" stuff -- like Brown Bear and Silver Bear. About 400 rounds thru each one. And they are of pretty good quality too.

Gun Parts Corp has parts for them too. And the six round mag will fit either pistol -- the 380 and the 9 Mak.

Let us know about your trip to the range.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG .380

Post by normsutton »

I like the FEG guns I have 2 BR -61'S in 9x18 and 1 LR -61 in 22 long rifle and they all steel
even the 22 is all steel the WOLFF PA-63 hammer spring will improve tregger pull
I put the 9# spring in all 3 of mine

here is the link to thier new 380's

http://fegarmy.hu/?lang=en&p=ap9
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
erich

FEG .380

Post by erich »

I had an FEG SMC-380 (though the original ones imported had AL frames, mine was the all-steel, parkerized variant) a few years back, and liked it a lot. Before I shot it, I polished the feed ramp with some Flitz and a patch wrapped around my pinkie while I watched TV - I never had a feeding problem.

The grooved trigger was awful, and cut into my finger when I shot it. Other than that (and the fact that it was chambered for the somewhat anemic .380), it was a great gun - though the all-steel frame on mine made it heavier for pocket-carry than I liked.

In my work, I've talked with a big-name pathologist who carries a .380 for his primary CCW. He loads it with FMJ ammo and (due to his background) he knows where to put them.

I paid more for mine a few years ago than you paid for yours - enjoy it in good health! :)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG .380

Post by normsutton »

R_61's
I think I paid $250.00 a piece for mine they were brand new in the box the one on top and bottom are a 9x18 the one in middle is 22 LR

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on July 8th, 2006, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage