Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by papabear »

Welcome Back.... :hi:
twhittle

Post by twhittle »

Hello from Ohio -- another new guy here.

I picked up my first P64 from AIM last Wednesday. Ran over 50 rounds of Silver Bear HP through it Sunday morning, without a single glitch. I'm very happy with this little pistol and plan to stick with the stock springs.

--
Tom
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

twhittle wrote:Hello from Ohio -- another new guy here.

I picked up my first P64 from AIM last Wednesday. Ran over 50 rounds of Silver Bear HP through it Sunday morning, without a single glitch. I'm very happy with this little pistol and plan to stick with the stock springs.

--
Tom
Tom,

A lot of Ohioans on here. Where you based? I'm Huber Heights.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
twhittle

Post by twhittle »

lklawson wrote:
twhittle wrote:Hello from Ohio -- another new guy here.

--
Tom
Tom,

A lot of Ohioans on here. Where you based? I'm Huber Heights.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Hey Kirk,

It looks like we're neighbors! I'm in Dayton -- Belmont to be exact.

--
Tom
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

twhittle wrote:Hey Kirk,

It looks like we're neighbors! I'm in Dayton -- Belmont to be exact.

--
Tom
How 'bout that!

Well, in that case, let me give you a friendly invite. I practice/teach Western Martial Arts (Bowie Knife, Bartitsu, Pugilism, Military Saber, etc.). I run the club out of my garage and we meet Tuesday evenings at 6-8.

Tonight I've got Military Saber, Bowie, some wrestling, and Slungshot (yes, the improvised flail) on the docket.

Come on out and join us! (Consider it an open invitation to any on this forum, really.)

directions here: http://cbd.atspace.com/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
huyis

Post by huyis »

Hello, everyone, I‘m Alvin, I am a club owner field, the gun has always been very interested. I forgot I was there from the 15-year-old started his first gun, since then, I fell in love with them.Later I went to open a field shop, I found that we are all very exciting life like. :mrgreen:
Mountains are not mountains, waters and not water, the level of distance
twhittle

Post by twhittle »

lklawson wrote:How 'bout that!

Well, in that case, let me give you a friendly invite. I practice/teach Western Martial Arts (Bowie Knife, Bartitsu, Pugilism, Military Saber, etc.). I run the club out of my garage and we meet Tuesday evenings at 6-8.

Tonight I've got Military Saber, Bowie, some wrestling, and Slungshot (yes, the improvised flail) on the docket.

Come on out and join us! (Consider it an open invitation to any on this forum, really.)

directions here: http://cbd.atspace.com/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Hey Kirk,

Thanks for the invite. I'm kind of busy with other things right now, but maybe some time in the future.

--
Tom
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

twhittle wrote: Hey Kirk,

Thanks for the invite. I'm kind of busy with other things right now, but maybe some time in the future.

--
Tom
Not a prob. Just an invite, nothing more. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Tig

Post by Tig »

First and probably last post here.

Just wanted to thank you guys for having this forum. It's helped me out a lot. I've just browsed here mostly, and when my gun decided to slip the trigger spring from the trigger arm, I found out how to fix it. Just wanted to thank you all very much.

I'm not keeping my gun, I've put about 150 rounds through it and just don't like it. I have large hands, which doesn't help either. Once, I have no clue how, it chambered a round completely backwards. It's just an odd little gun that's not for me.

Thanks again for having this site =)
GeneCC

Post by GeneCC »

Been carrying concealed since the 1980s and owned firearms since the 1970s. Mostly been buying "utility" firearms like revolvers, shotguns and such.

I've done a lot of reloading over the years, mainly centerfire rifle and larger handguns. Lots of 45 ACP but not a lot of that lately.

Today I figured I'd pick up a "Makarov" only it was a Radom. Didn't realize until I got it home that it was not quite a Makarov.

What the hey... a little adventure never hurt anyone. Already ordered recoil and hammer springs, some self defense ammo and some Silver Bear ammo.

Now all I have to do is find extra magazines.... I may have to break down and make some. That ought to be interesting. I've never done that before so it ought to be fun.

I'm an engineering tech who has worked in R&D. I have lots of manufacturing and mechanical people who work with me. So I won't be totally lost.

Gene
Hinermad

Post by Hinermad »

GeneCC wrote:Now all I have to do is find extra magazines.... I may have to break down and make some. That ought to be interesting. I've never done that before so it ought to be fun.
Royal Tiger Imports has magazines for $25 apiece:

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/compon ... egory_id=3

Other places list them for $20 but none of them had any in stock when I needed them. There may be more available now.

Good luck if you try making your own, and let us know how it works out!

Dave
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

New old guy here. I have been off of the forum and without my P-64 for some time. I just bought my original one back and it is still as shiny and accurate as ever. Like to say hi and thanks for all the good info on this great little firearm.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome back home camekanix, I told you we'd keep the light on for ya!!
Brehon1

Post by Brehon1 »

Hello from Arizona. I just registered for the forum. I visited the forum while considering buying a P-64. Well, today was the day I broke down and ordered my p-64 from Classic Arms. (Happy Birthday to me... It will join a WWII model 1911, a very old Western Field .22 cal. rifle a Mosin Nagant rifle I restored as well as a Tokarev pistol. I suspect I will be visiting often for tips on care, feeding and modification of the P64. This is a great site and I really appreciate this resource. If I can figure out how to do it, I'll post a picture of the p-64 when it arrives.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Congrats on the P-64 Brehon1!! You can practice posting pictures on your other fine examples of weaponry, because we all love looking at pics of those.