"Short" Marschal P-64 Grips

Info, pictures, advice...
at2wooden

"Short" Marschal P-64 Grips

Post by at2wooden »

I had put the original longer Marschal P-64 grips on my gun before, but just didn't care for how they extended over the sides of the magazine. Beautiful work mind you, I just didn't care for the style.
However, recently I saw the new Marschal "short" version grips on their website, and just had to have them.
As usual, it's a bit of a wait (two months currently), but as usual, it was well worth the wait.
This short style is just like the original black plastic grips in form.
The fit and finish were awesome, and they went on my gun without a bit of fussing or sanding.
Overall, just a wee bit wider than the factory grips, but I swear the gun fits better than before, and may make it a little more difficult to get "slide bit".
(Marschal sells a new "beavertail" model grip for the P-64 which is supposed to remove that problem, but I don't have that model.
Enjoy the photos. The leather is Gould and Goodrich. The hardwood grips are Zebrawood.
P64 Display.jpg
P64 Right.jpg
P64 Left.jpg
Now If I could only solve that "this guns' recoil eats my trigger finger" problem, I'd be a happy man.
Last edited by at2wooden on June 7th, 2011, 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Buy 'em cheap, and bury 'em deep."
at2wooden

Re: "Short" Marschal P-64 Grips

Post by at2wooden »

Here's the leather.
P64 Holster.jpg
P64 Bottom.jpg
I like the way the magazines have a nice solid lock/release with the way a space is created behind the magazine release too.

Here's the website.
http://www.marschalgrips.com
"Buy 'em cheap, and bury 'em deep."
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Slick.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

Very nice looking. I am going to have to break down and get a set one of these days.
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

I think it's the color or something, but those grips don't really look natural on the gun to me. They're beautiful in their own right though. :(
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I have Marschal grips on all of my P-64's and I love them. I really like that Zebra wood. I don't think that a person could get a better bargain or quality product than Marschal. JMHO