New Plasic Grip Question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
bondwoodcustoms

New Plasic Grip Question

Post by bondwoodcustoms »

So I have had an idea in my head, so I'm going to see if there is any interest. What I have in mind is a one piece wrap around plastic grips, either smooth or checkered, with no seam in the back. What I would do is make a mold of one of my wood grips, and pour them in plastic. It would take a bit of money to get this rolling, but if there is interest, I would get started right away. There would be many advantages to these grips. First, they would be just as strong as the original grips. Secondly, they would have no annoying seam in the back. Third, i could make them any way that I could make them in wood. I could also make them almost any color. If there is any interest, let me know.

Thanks,
Christian
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: New Plasic Grip Question

Post by manicmechanic »

I'd be game for a set.
rgsmith265

Post by rgsmith265 »

I'd be interested
vorakam

Post by vorakam »

If someone could get this going, they would have more orders than they could handle. The two piece grip with the seam in the back has been a pet peeve of mine since first becoming interested in the p64. The p83 has essentially the same issue, yet due to the larger size you don't notice it as much. I envision not a hard plastic, but very high durometer rubber. Make them a bit sticky, one piece hard rubber with some nice checkering....if you build it...they will come (or buy).
bondwoodcustoms

Ok I think I'll give it a shot when I get a few extra bucks to make the mold and get some plastic (or rubber, that would be cool!)... I'll keep ya'll posted.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Chris have you made anything for the P83 in either wood or plastic yet?
bondwoodcustoms

I do not believe I have made grips for the p 83. Is that a wrap around grip? If so, plastic would be the way to go. Wood is just unpredictable on guns designed for plastic wrap around grips...