recoil pain

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
P-64Dave

Re: recoil pain

Post by P-64Dave »

First off, I am a fairly experienced handgun shooter, and while I don't think the P-64 recoils badly for a blowback auto firing what is essentially ".380 +P," several things may be going on here, Shuga.

Does the pistol sit square in your hand? What I mean is that when you grasp it and view it from above, is the pistol directly in line with the long bones of your arm? If it it twisted to the right a little, because the first DA trigger pull is so hard, you might be subjecting your thumb's base knuckle to more punishment than necessary, assuming you have average sized hands. Try rotating the pistol directly in line.

Also, your two hand hold is somewhat critical; I use a "push" forward with my shooting hand, and a "pull" back with my support hand, wrapping my support hand in front of my shooting hand, not cupping the pistol with it under the magazine. This provides a solid base of support and precludes squirming to a large extent, reducing felt recoil.

Before one gets into buying a lot of accessories, try these simple, free things and let us know how that works!