New Grips For My P64

Info, pictures, advice...
smbob

New Grips For My P64

Post by smbob »

I finally got my grips from the guy on Ebay from Thailand. It took 5 weeks for them to get here.
I have to say that the fit of them is poor. the quality is average. They look like they were made
by amateurs. Bottom line: If you want good grips, get them from Dennis Marschal. Here are a
few pics.

Robert

surfzombie

Re: New Grips For My P64

Post by surfzombie »

Thanks for posting the pics and for your honesty. I was going to buy some but decided to wait and see how they turned out on the gun. It is hard to tell how they will look on the pistol. It would be nice if people that sell grips would display them on the specific pistol. so that you could be a more informed buyer. Maybe you can get a refund threw ebay. There not that bad but not that great either. How do they feel when you are shooting your pistol.
smbob

Post by smbob »

SZ,
I haven't shot the P64 with the new grips yet. I'm just going to keep them. It took over 5 weeks
for them to get here. The gun feels OK with them on there and they are an improvement over
the beat up ones that it came with. I only get pissed off when I look at them. :lol: If I had to
grade them I would give them a C-. I e mailed the guy who I got them from and told him how I
felt about them, but he never e mailed me back. Oh well, lesson learned. Sometime in the future
I will put a order in with Dennis for a few of my pistols. I know you can count on him for a quality
product for a fair price.

Robert
jobot

Post by jobot »

I agree with everything you said. That is why I traded mine to Kansas. I think that the saying is true. "when you buy something expensive it only hurts once."
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

jobot wrote:I agree with everything you said. That is why I traded mine to Kansas. I think that the saying is true. "when you buy something expensive it only hurts once."
That only work if you don't have any kids. You can buy something expensive and nice and leave it up to a kid to brake it and ruin it so you have to buy another. I understand what you saying though. Quality is worth it and Dennis has quality from what I can tell in the photos. I have yet to buy from him and will eventually.