What revolver is this?

Use this section for all other firearms
JB7748

What revolver is this?

Post by JB7748 »

I stumbled on this photograph while searching for homemade pistol racks and the revolver on the left caught my eye. After some searching I still can't seem to find much information on this revolver. I believe it may be a S&W Model 27 or 28. Any suggestions of what it could be?
4-Gun-Pistol-Rack-Large_copy.jpg
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: What revolver is this?

Post by juniustaylor »

Pretty much all the S&W's look the same. Even some Rugers were made to look a bit like the S&W design. It would really be hard to tell though for sure by that small picture.
wyo-man

Post by wyo-man »

With the front sight painted red (same as the .45 next to it) my guess is a K-38 Masterpiece Target. Both would be used in NRA Bullseye matches.

wyo-man
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I have to agree with wyo-man, its a Model 14 K-38 Target Masterpiece with the patridge front sight, can't tell from the pic if its a early post war with 6 grove serrated backstrap or the later version with the 10 groove serrated backstrap, but if I had to guess its a later model, probably after '91.
JB7748

Post by JB7748 »

Thanks, I've practically been driven mad searching for days for that answer. It really shows what a knowledgeable bunch can do within a short time. Now the real search begins.