Jambing issues

Info, pictures, advice...
fjkiv

Jambing issues

Post by fjkiv »

I spent some time at the range today. The P-64 continues to be very accurate. (The best I've ever shot) The gun did jamb once. I am using Brown Bear ammo made in Russia. I also have had major jambing problems my last time at the range. Has anyone had problems with Brown Bear ammo? The spring is installed with the tight end over the barrel. Is this the correct way?

Thanks in advance for any advice. This gun is a fun little shooter.

FJK
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Jambing issues

Post by bzinggg »

Hey fjkiv,

That's the correct way to install the recoil spring, alright.

Here's a link to a fix that helped me use ammo made by the same company:

http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?ac ... 1149632963

Consider, before you do this, if you have more than one mag, did it jamb with both or all mags, or just one?

Also, have you tried other types of ammo, and had or did not have the same problem.

This fix will not hurt your mags, if you keep it to 1/32nd of an inch or less.

If you'd just like to use a different ammo like Sellier and Bellot or CCI Blazer FMJ, I might be interested in buying your Brown Bear from you.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Jambing issues

Post by abwehr »

I feel "bzinggg" has a good idea with the magazines and should help feeding issues with the Brown Bear ammo. This is not the first time I have heard this issue with the Brown Bear ammo. To me, it is not as reliable as the Wolf, but by removing the sharp edge on the mag, it may help a bunch. Keep us posted if you do this.
fjkiv

Jambing issues

Post by fjkiv »

bzinggg, abwehr,

Thanks for the info and link. The gun is new and from reading your info I have come to some conclusions.
I should "scrub" the gun and properly lube the slide.
Possibly different ammo will cure the situation. Brass casings will feed better than the metal cases.
I will try the magazine fix also.

On another note, this pistol is quite the shooter. The sights are small and are probably not "quick", but it shoots quite a group for a small gun.
The double action trigger pull is awful. I am pretty stout and sometimes I can not manage to fire the gun in double action if I pull the trigger with all my strength. Can a gun smith correct this or make it better?

Thanks for all your help fellows. Blessings <(())><
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Jambing issues

Post by normsutton »

WOLF ( PPK 16 17 18 19# HAMMER SPRING

http://www.gunsprings.com/SemiAuto/Walt ... ml#PPKS9mm
DETAILED INSTUCTIONS
http://p64.home.insightbb.com/mods.htm

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
darrell

Jambing issues

Post by darrell »

The P 64 can be adjusted to shoot well in the double action mode. A gun smith did mine where I bought it in Virginia Beach. If you are handy you can use the procedure in the modificatins section. My double pull is very easy. My wife can use it without any problem.
kempin

Jambing issues

Post by kempin »

Hey bzinggg,

Where are you located?

I would consider getting rid of my brown bear ans silver bear if you were close. I have pretty much become a believer that hand loaded brass ammo is the way to go in my p-64.

(I have really enjoyed handloading for many reasons, and this is a perfect example. I can adjust the ammo to the pistol, and not have to adjust the pistol to the ammo.)

Of course, I do have a Mak, and it is nice to have some ammo that I can shoot without saving the casings . . .

God bless and straight shooting,

-Kempin
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Jambing issues

Post by bzinggg »

kempin,

Did you get my message?