WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Info, pictures, advice...
soram

Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by soram »

Welcome aboard, 45collector!

Congratulations on your new P64 purchase--you will absolutely LOVE it! Plus, this forum in invaluable for expert opinion and advice.

Ross
former_usmc

Post by former_usmc »

Hello, I'm Joe and I just joined. I have been reading up on the P-64 for the last few days and decided that I had to have one of my own. As the user id states I served in the Marine Corps and for the last several years I've worked in financial crimes. My current tour of duty has me serving as 1 of 3 Fraud Investigators company wide for the nations largest check approval service. Corporate Security has been very good to me. I'm a family man and my beautiful wife is expecting again. We have 2 other children and of course they mean the world to me.

I've been into guns for as long as I can remember. I usually have about a dozen at any given time and so not to take away from the family budget, I usually tend to sell something to buy something, or what I call "rob from Peter to pay Paul!" I'm sure that many of you gentlemen can relate. I tend to spend a most of my time at the range with either my AR15, my 1911 or my sks. They tend to relax me best, depending on my mood. I spend a lot of my time online at 1911forum.com, AR15.com, sksboards, and gunboards (and now here!). As I mentioned above, I happened across the makarov forum on gunboards.com and started debating what I'd like to get my hands on first. The Bulgarian Makarov seemed a no brainer UNTIL I happened upon a thread that told of a few places where a Polish P-64 could be found for $169.00. The more I read, the more I found that those who had them LOVED them and they weren't just a crappy weapon that people were trying to close out of to get rid of. It didn't take long for me to place my order (less than 24 hours!).

Anyway, I heard some ramblings about the unofficial p-64 site and I used my keen investigative skills to find it. I look forward to reading and learning from you all and I'm sure there will be some dumb questions along the way, but keep in mind that I'm just a simple Jarhead. Dumb things down for me and I'm pretty sure I'll keep up! lol

Semper Fi
Joe

I'd say 90% are saying, We all know it's fake; we're playing along. The other 10% are saying, We're ready! And I'd say 10% of that 10% can't wait for it to happen.
Max Brooks on Zombies to CNN
LostSoul

Post by LostSoul »

Hello to everyone, another noob here. I just picked up a P-64 from SOG now that they're C&R eligible. Mine was made in 1975, and seems to be in great shape. It's got a mirror bore and no holster wear to speak of. I've got a couple of Wolff springs on the way to help deal with the poor D/A trigger pull. The safety/decocker is quite notchy and difficult to move all the way to "decock", so I guess I'll have to check out that safety plunger.

I noticed there's a PDF for a detail stripping of the P-64 on the main page, but when I open it, there's no text (except for the first page) and the pictures seem to be out of sequence. Is the tutorial incomplete, or am I just not getting it downloaded properly?

Thanks in advance for everything I have and will learn here!
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

There's a small amount of text. The pictures are in "reverse" because they tell you how to assemble not disassemble. To disassemble, just go to the bottom of the PDF and work your way to the top. Then to put it back together, start from the top and go to the bottom. ;) There will be small amounts of text by the pictures to explain things. Welcome aboard LostSoul.
LostSoul

Post by LostSoul »

Thanks, I got it figured out! I just got the pistol back together after stripping the slide. The safety works much smoother now!
ttocswob

Noobie from Tennessee

Post by ttocswob »

I'm a C&R licensee and CZ-82 (4 of 'em!) fan. I was mildly interested in the P-64, but C&R status made me bite the bullet.

I ordered a P-64 and a Romanian Tokarev from SOG. Paid handpick on the P-64, not disappointed. It's a PW Arms import, 1968 model.

Plan to do the spring fix soon. I use Silver Bear in my CZ's, so any opinion on the optimum spring weight for that? (I'll search the board b/4 I order)

Thanx, Scott "ttocswob"
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

Hello to all. I have been a Makarov collector for years and ran upon a Polish P64 recently and found this site searching for info on the pistol. Good information here.

BigMac
curt266

Post by curt266 »

Just got my 75' P64 from SOG. Great shape, great weapon. Haven't taken it shooting yet, but can't wait. Located near Winston Salem, NC! I read all those posts about Wolff springs thinking I would have to pull out the dremel, but looks like they repaired all the springs. Went with the 22 lb recoil and 18 lb trigger.
wyo-man

Post by wyo-man »

Hello everyone,
I live in the Northwest corner of Wyoming. Beautiful country, if I don't say so myself.
I live very close to the Buffalo Bill Historical Center (www.bbhc.org).
About two years ago purchased a P-63.
Last week purchased a P-64.

I work for the State of Wyoming and travel around the state for my job.

wyo-man
blaster

Post by blaster »

howdy; I found this forum while looking for info on installing a new mainspring on my P-64. looks like a lot of good info here so I figured I'd join. I too was only mildly interested in these fine pistols untill they hit the C&R status. then I knew I had to have at least 1 to round out my collection of 9x18 pistols and to keep my other Eastern Bloc weapons company.
akguy1985

Post by akguy1985 »

I'm new here but i'm on a few other forums by the same screen name. I just picked up a 1969 P64 off aim. After bugging the same lady for a few days i finally was able to order one.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Hello all, I'm gunneyrabbit, go by G.R. mostly; been a member for a while and guess I just failed to introduce myself. This is a great group of shooters, friendly and knowledgeable people who are willing to help. Your going to like it here.
G.R.
REGGIE

Post by REGGIE »

Hello all:
New member and new owner of a P-64...and just ordered two more today.

I have two wonderful kids (son-19, daughter-17) who will graduate high school this year. They have been my shooting/hunting/hiking/camping/fishing partners all of their lives. Both will be joining the service. Son to the Coast Guard, daughter to the Army National Guard.
Lifelong shooter of anything that goes "bang". Sizable collection of firearms. Served in the Army National Guard for 24 years, retired in 2007. Currently work as a Water Project Manager (a.k.a., Ditch Rider...love this job!).
Former member of the combat pistol team (4 1/2 years), and fired EIC matches with rifle also. (Boy, do I miss THAT.) Shot highpower for a brief period. Now I plink and hunt...quite a bit.
Been reloading since '89, and currently load for 16 calibers.
I have a good mix of weapons, but I'm partial to the old military firearms.

I've always bee a died in the wool .45 ACP guy, but must admit that the P-64 has impressed me. I really enjoy this pistol. Still need to perform the spring upgrades, but I'm very happy with it's performance so far.

I will visit this forum frequently. Plenty of info and, from what I've seen so far, administrators that treat the members with courtesy (unlike a couple of other sites that I've seen).

Thanks to all for the effort put forth. It is appreciated.

REGGIE
GeneticallySwiss

Post by GeneticallySwiss »

Hello all,

Been lurking for awhile and joined some time ago. Been shooting for decades, am a veteran and lover of different type firearms. Just bought my first P-64 (1969 Year) from a local shop. Looks to be absolutely stock and in superb (given its age etc...) condition. No ammunition locally so I will go to Midway USA for my ammo needs.

Genetically Swiss
REGGIE

Post by REGGIE »

Welcome GSwiss.

Congrats on the purchawe of a P-64. I love 'em!

As for ammo...don't leave out the Sportsman's Guide. They have fair prices on the ammo. Some of it at about .18/round. Cheaper than Dirt may have some too.

I'm a fan of MidwayUSA myself (in fact I order from them every month) but others have better deals on ammo.

Reggie