My 5 P64s from SOG

Info, pictures, advice...
nametrux

My 5 P64s from SOG

Post by nametrux »

I ordered 5 P64s from SOG just before they ran out. One to go with the one I already have, three as gifts, and one to have if someone else wants it. My first one came from J&G. I looked them over good and cleaned up three. Not too bad a fair amount of holster ware but thats to be expected. Took them to the range and put two mags through each. These are keepers One had some heavy scratches on the right hand of the slide and what I thought is not an "Excellent". The last one had what I think is a machine flaw on the feed ramp. Almost looked like a crack running horz. about in the center of the ramp. Tried to get a pic. but no go.
SOG said send them back and the replacements should be here in a day or two. I am hope in these will be really nice since some are gifts. Will post when they come and let you know what they look like.
PA-Joe

Re: My 5 P64s from SOG

Post by PA-Joe »

Well what do the replacements look like and what year? I call and they told me they only had 1975s. Well I recieved a 1976 and 1977 both unissued.

I know that there are at least two different styles of magazines. Does anyone know what year they started using the longer feed length? I have two of each style.
nametrux

Post by nametrux »

Haven't got them yet. Their site says out of stock. Going to call this evening and see whats up.
nametrux

Post by nametrux »

They came today. One 1970 one 1972 with triangle hammer.

Haven't cleaned them yet but they look great! Will clean them and take them to the range (outside my kitchen window) this Sat.

It's nice living in the boondocks. Website says out of stock but I guess SOG got some more in.

Sog did fine by me!
nametrux

Post by nametrux »

Fired the 2 replacement P 64s from SOG. 12 rounds from all 4 mags. Total 48 rounds of Silver Bear 94 Grain FMJ. All went BANG. No problems. Very happy with the service I received from SOG.