CZ-82 from Aim Surplus

Photos of guns, gear, ranges, etc.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

CZ-82 from Aim Surplus

Post by juniustaylor »

So, there are a million pictures, sorry. It's in really good condition, glad I didn't pay the $10 hand select fee. The one thing I may have to fix is a small burr on the muzzle crown area. I'll shoot it on Saturday and if it's accurate, then I may not even mess with "fixing" it.

I removed the original white sight paint and used white nail polish. I think it'll hold up pretty well, the old stuff just crumbled off.

Well, here are the pictures.

Farmer

Re: CZ-82 from Aim Surplus

Post by Farmer »

Nice pistol!

I have always had pretty good luck with Aim surplus. Shipping is always fast, packed well and as described. One time I did get a gun from them with a broken extractor. When I called they said no problem and shipped a new extractor the same day. They didn't even want the old one for proof.
mattwestm

Post by mattwestm »

I ordered mine from AIM and I was more than pleased. The only thing I disliked was the nylon shoulder holster they sent. I was expecting the military flap holster. Oh well. Seems like you got a 1984; I got a 1986.

I also removed the white paint on the sights and used acrylic model plane/car paint with a toothpick to repaint.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Yep, mine is an '84. Mine came with a crappy pancake holster that didn't even really fit the gun. It's the most random looking holster ever. I really don't care though as I'll just make my own leather holster, or carry it in my Uncle Mike's nylon holster. I also bought a cheap shoulder rig for $15 and it seems like it will do alright as well. I didn't expect to get a good holster with the gun anyway. Glad to hear your gun was in A-OK shape as well.
R.A.M.

Post by R.A.M. »

Just got mine 1 hour ago looks EXACTLY like yours juniustaylor. 1984 and everything. Remarkable condition.
mattwestm

Post by mattwestm »

Oh, I just noticed. You got a better mag than me. Both mags they sent me have the thinner plate on the bottom. I wish I had the thicker version, they are sturdier.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

R.A.M. I'm glad to hear they gave you a good one. I am pleased and will probably have to order again in the future from them.

Matt, one of my mags has the thick plate. The other has the thin type. At first the thin one didn't want to lock in so good and you would have to either slam it in or push forward on the mag while inserting it. A little work on the catch notch on the mag body with a file fixed that. It now fits in perfect and I think it's just fine. Seemed like it would be sturdy when I disassmbled the mags, they come apart quickly.